“sometimes quality of food is hurt by the waitress” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tel Aviv, Israel
“sometimes quality of food is hurt by the waitress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

and this was happened to us. while we were eating, the old bored waitress decided we are "cool" and that she needs to tell us the story of her life, WHILE WE WERE EATING OUR STEAKS. Oh, almost forgot to tell you that the steaks were good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Waukee, Iowa
“Not so good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Close to my home, but I only go there as a social and someone else must suggest it. Ate breakfast there today, and had to send my raw sausage back. New came out so quickly I know they just had to be thrown in the microwave. Another thing, on the internet they will not list their prices. I always like to know up front how much it will cost me. I did call ahead to find out. My husband said today his gravy was OK but his biscuits were not good, For travelers I would say look around as there are lots of really good restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ordered take out country steak dinner, all cold and "steak" was all purpose grossness. Everything else was cold and service was like I was bothering the young man behind the counter. I should have known better but since it was close to hotel I went against my better judgement and regretted the money spent! Drive a ways and get real food!

Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Traveling across the U.S.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I just witnessed the most disrespectful behavior to a customer by the manager and a cash register person named Linda. Now we all know the Cracker Barrel food is questionable but I always thought in a pinch and traveling you could just sit down and have a warm meal and a friendly face and a good book to rent on tape. Not true here and I witnessed the entire conversation. Linda you make a bad name for good elderly workers who like people and their job. Miss this place if you can or avoid the crabby lady at the register and heaven forbid do not talk to the manager. He is just as rude.

• Visited July 2013
Ames, Iowa
“comforting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

The food is consistent and fine. Staff are not always as attentive as would like, but overall fine for the price!

Visited July 2013

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!