“Great Local Dining in West Des Moines, Iowa”

Club Car Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Club Car Restaurant & Lounge offers classic American food and "A Unique Concept in Casual Dining." The Club Car Restaurant & Lounge has become a staple in the community of Clive, Iowa. The Club Car provides a unique & casual atmosphere with exceptional service. The broad menu includes - homemade soups, specialty salads, sandwiches, & pasta dishes for lunch, a full dinner menu that ranges from Walnut Chicken to Shrimp Scampi to Steak De Burgo. The Club Car supports gluten-free diets & offers daily specials, including Prime Rib on Friday & Saturday nights. Receive your sixth lunch for free when signing up for our Lunch Club today! Follow our pages for special offers and updates. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday, 3pm-6pm and Saturday, 8pm-10pm for half off on appetizers and $1 off on all draft beer and house wine.
Warsaw, Indiana
“Great Local Dining in West Des Moines, Iowa”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Club Car was recommended to us by the hotel we were staying at. We were there on Thursday pm. The ribs were so tender and not too much sauce! The Cheesy Phili beef soup was delicious. We asked the waitress if anything she would not eat and she could not think of anything!! They were all friendly and speedy with service!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Becker7412

“Great drinks, good service”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is nice for conversation. The service was great with Debbie! She was very friendly, had good recommendations and was always there with refills. I enjoy the southwest chicken club but it could use more avocado. Espresso martini was great!
I went another night to introduce a friend to the restaurant. Had a different server who didn't ask for an id. She was attentive and nice but I later heard her complaining about a tip. I don't see it as professional to complain within hearing distance of customers. Dessert (lava cake) was OK but nothing great.

Stuart, Iowa
“yuck”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

hard to find a simple meal on this menu. portions are for two people and chairs have no padding on them. server was rude. this place is over priced and will not ever return here.

• Visited January 2014
Altoona, Iowa
“Great service and even better food!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Dined here last night with my wife after having left Outback Steakhouse due to their hour long wait. (I am not really a fan of corporate owned restaurants anyway, but I had a gift card) I was a little disappointed that I wasn't going to get a steak that I had my heart set on all day, but I didn't feel like waiting for an hour in a crowded waiting area of an Outback Steakhouse, so my wife and I left in search of other options. We drove by Club Car and decided to give it a try. It had been a few years since I dined here and I remember them being good. They certainly did not disappoint this time around. The specials last night were a 12oz Prime Rib for $23.99 or a Baja prepared fish of some sort that sounded really good as well. I decided to go with a chargrilled hamburger and a cold Boulevard Wheat beer. Our food came out very quickly and was piping hot. My burger was prepared exactly how I ordered it and was seasoned and cooked to perfection on an artisan bun. My wife ordered pasta and it was really good too. Our waiter was highly attentive and very professional.
I loved the atmosphere here. It had dark wood, dim lights, and wasn't noisy at all. Great place to have a good meal and actually have a conversation.

• Visited January 2014
Buffalo, Iowa
“Not bad”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited the car club on October 19, 2013. we went here bases on reviews from trip advisor. My husband had the Filet I had the Osco Busco. My husband said his steak lacked seasoning. My dinner actually had too much garlic and I am a garlic lover . The garlic taste was almost raw to the point of unedible. The pork by itself was very tender. The vegetables over cooked & lacked seasoning as well as the mashed potatoes. I probably would not make a return trip when I am in Clive again!

• Visited October 2013
David T, Owner at Club Car Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We're very sorry to hear your visit was not as pleasant as you had hoped. Please accept our apologies regarding your dishes not being properly seasoned & overcooked. Chef & his team take great pride in preparing quality food for our guests on a consistent basis; however it is obvious that fell short of that with your meals. Your comments will be shared with out staff & resolved. It is our hope that you consider giving us another chance to win you over sometime. Regards, David.