“Excellent Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cosi Cucina Italian Grill
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Clive
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2 blocks south of Hickman Rd
Description: (515) 278-8148
Ankeny, Iowa
“Excellent Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife and try to visit once every couple of months. You can't go wrong with the ziti cucina or the lobster pasta. On weekends I would suggest to call ahead if you are going to do dine in the evening. Make sure not to fill up on the bread and oil before the meal. Calamari is a nice appetizer to start off with.

Visited May 2012

“My Favorite Italian restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I love Cosi's. I could here there every day. I have never been disappointed! EVER!

Visited May 2011
Altoona, Iowa
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

I would have given the restaurant five stars however the service was slow. This was not the restaurants fault, they had a large rehearsal dinner the same night we went.

As for dinner, I had the vegetable pizza. It was quite delectable and made with only fresh vegetables. My wife got the smoked chicken pasta and it had a nice, savory smoky flavor to it. Her only complaint was the chicken was a little dry. For dessert we shared a cheesecake with the other couple we went with. The cheesecake was very smooth, sweet, and a great way to finish the night.

We will certainly be back in the future.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Italian, prepared from scratch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have eaten here many times and here is why we love this place:
The wait staff is always excellent and they have been the same people for the 5 years we have been in town, stability bodes well for a restaurant.
Everything except the pasta is prepared from scratch, every day, and it shows.
The lobster bisque is the best I have ever had anywhere and the gorgonzola pasta is always a hit.
The dessert list is varied, reasonably priced and the rotating specials are always delicious. Yes, the cheesecake is the best anywhere!
The exterior is misleading, because inside this place is all quality. It has a diamond in the rough feel. It is our favorite 'west' side resaurant.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank IowaTraveler76
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I went here with two girlfriends and was extremely satisfied. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great. I wanted a cocktail the bartender didn't know how to make - and so our server made it for me. She was extremely attentive and very friendly. If I lived in the area, I would choose this restaurant over The Olive Garden every time.

• Visited June 2011