“Warm and welcoming after a long night traveling.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I was meeting with family for a quick get-together. Our party included ages from 2 to 82. From the moment we checked in, this hotel stood out in its friendliness and willingness to help us in any way possible. From directions on the best way to get to the Saturday Farmer's Market (and the helpful hints on timing and parking) to local sites to see, the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I was worried that the hotel would be loud, because there was a baseball team there and some other parties, but it was all handled so efficiently, we didn't even notice. Breakfast was great and well service. Food was replenished as soon as it was emptied. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West

Reviewed November 4, 2010

I recently travelled from Victoria BC to Halifax NS and I choose to take a route through the United States. Along the way I met many wonderful people and stayed in some interesting places. However I have to say that my two day stay at the Country Inn and Suites was more than just a place to sleep, in some ways is was like coming home after a long journey.
Fresh baked cookies from their kitchen were at the front desk upon arrival. The staff throughout the Inn were always smiling and took the time to say hello. The suites were large, clean and bright. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. I was fortunate to be there on a morning when they served Eggs Benedict. Many hotels include breakfast these days, But the spread at this inn far exceeded any comlimentary meal I have ever seen. I took advantage of the excercise room, pool and the hot tub.
BRAVO to the staff and Management at The Country Inn and Suites in Des Moines West.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We were staying in town for a dog show. This hotel is dog friendly as well as people friendly. Everyone we came in contact with was welcoming and helpful. Our room (suite) was great - lots of room to spread out, quiet, and close to an exit (a must with dogs). We thought it was a super value for the price we paid. We will DEFINITELY stay in this hotel again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I was disappointed with this hotel. Its getting worn and needs to be deep cleaned. Its not a horrible hotel but the carpets need cleaned and the tubs need a good scrub. I was disappointed for the amount we paid to get the quality of room we got. The breakfast was not that great and on the phone it was made to sound a lot better when we booked it. However the amenties such as shampoos and such were top quality and the staff was nice...not overly friendly but acceptable. The pool was nice, the kids liked it and said it was really warm and the hot tub was nice and warm too!
While I wouldn't call it a bad place to stay I think I would personally try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We've stayed at numerous Country Inn and Suites in the Midwest, twice at this hotel among others. Conveniently located near I35, the perfect location on our way to Kansas City. Rooms clean and spacious, beds very comfortable and bathrooms clean. At the Country Inn and Suites, continental breakfasts vary in variety, this one has an assortment of pastries, belgian waffles, hot entree.

Great overnight stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Have stayed in this hotel about six times whenever we go to Adventureland Park. Even though it is on the other side of town it is still only takes about 17 minutes to get to the park. Very nice service, across from a Cracker Barrel and Quick Trip which is nice. A nice exercise room with a couple of elipticals and treadmills along with free weights. Never experience any noise there which must mean the htl is well built. Would have recommend this htl to both the business traveler and families with kids.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I have stayed at The Country Inn & Suites in Des Moines for three multiple-night stays over the past five years. To begin with, the location could not be better. You can get anywhere in the metroplex area quickly from the intersection of Interstate 35 and University Avenue. Whether it's the central business district, Drake University or an outlying suburb, they're all readily accessible. The hotel itself is physically welcoming, the staff attentive and well-informed, and their willingness to accommodate the traveler makes your stay effortless. As for the value, I have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the country over the past 60 years, including living in a hotel in Des Moines for several months. I have not priced other hotels in the area recently but I cannot believe that what you get for your dollar at the Country Inn & Suites in Des Moines does not exceed the other hotels with possibly more recognizable names.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites
Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive
Hampton Inn Des Moines-West
Hampton Inn Des Moines-West
#2 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West? Share your experiences!