“clean and quiet” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Lake Geneva, WI
“clean and quiet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

the good news, it was clean and quiet. It also offered a large and decent free breakfast. The bads news, beds were not good. You kind of rolled to the middle if you know what I mean and my son wanted to watch a movie......he glanced at the screen and thought it was $4.99.....wrong!!! $14.99 for a older movie, live and learn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

My wife and I got the Romance Package for our anniversary that inncludes a king 1 bedroom suite, wine, chocolates, etc. The room was wonderful. It has a seperate bedroom with a door and is quite spacious, and you get a free movie credit;) The indooor pool is very large and nice. The breakfast has a wide variety of foods. We will definetly be back next year. Overall, an excellent value and a fine hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Rock Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

I LOVED the room, for starters! I inspect every room to the minutest detail, as I am quite picky about cleanliness. The room smelled nice (good first impression!), was VERY clean and very roomy! plenty of room to spread out! I didn't get a chance to go into the fitness room, but the pool room was very inviting, too! And the breakfast - YUMMY!!! The proverbial cherry on top was the strawberries to go on your waffles - can't beat that! On that same trip, I stayed at the Hampton in Ames and Baymont Inn and Suites, and neither of them could even start to compare to this one! GO TO COUNTRY INN AND SUITES!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Rock Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

I traveled for almost two weeks straight and this was one of the 4 hotels I stayed out. I was really impressed by the hotel as a whole. My room was very spacious and comfortable. If I had the choice, I would've stayed there the whole time. I also used the pool and hot tub at night and it was nice to have that option to relax. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was absolutely the best I've ever seen! There were SO many options and it was all very good. I will definately be using this chain when I travel and hope they all hold their standards this high.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

After a long drive - we were greeted with a friendly smile and warm cookies. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. A cheery "good morning" greeted us on our way to breakfast each morning. Despite the full hotel of weekend basketball, soccer, baseball and dancers_ the staff worked fevereshly to keep the breakfast bar fully stocked - despite the teen feeding frenzy! Well done! Having just stayed at several 5-star hotels in Florida, we received the same 5-star service here in West Des Moines - at a fraction of the cost! We will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

The Country Inn was a welcome find in West Des Moines. Just off I-80 and right in the heart of everything we needed. It was clean, fresh and comfortable. The pool is way above average and offers a nice jacuzzi too. Also, the breakfast had everything both hot and cold. Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, hot oatmeal, cereal for the kids, anything and everything. Even the staff was tremendous! BTW, there's a Cracker Barrel next door and Jordan Creek Mall is only about 2 miles door-to-door. Well worth it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on our way back to Minneapolis from Lincoln, NE. It is conveniently located where I-80 and I-35 meet.

There were groups of boys in the hotel for the state basketball championships, but when they were in their rooms, we could not hear them from our room.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite. The bedroom and bathroom were very spacious. The living room was tight when the sofa bed was pulled out. The fitted sheet was too small for the sofa bed, but when I called the front desk, the woman at the desk immediately brought the right size sheet.

The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've seen for this class of a hotel. The only thing we didn't care for was the scrambled eggs.

We didn't use the pool or wireless internet. However, the computer in the lobby was convenient for checking in for my flight.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Wildwood Lodge
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#12 of 49 in Des Moines
Sterling Hotel and Suites

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West? Share your experiences!