My husband and I would have given this hotel an Excellent rating had it not been for fermenting blueberries on the breakfast bar. Strawberries and blueberries were offered as fruit to make a yogurt parfait. The strawberries were sitting in juice that was foaming on top, so my husband chose the blueberries instead. He knew immediately on first taste the blueberries were beginning to ferment and were not edible. It would be safer to offer guests individual, pre-packaged yogurt containers rather than risk a food safety issue. I mentioned this issue to the individual working the breakfast bar, but am not sure he removed them. That said, our room on 3rd floor was very clean and quiet. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in easy walking distance to a nice Mexican restaurant, and other restaurants and shopping are close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated hotel in western suburbs (Clive) of Des Moines. Beautifully landscaped property features one of the largest indoor swimming pools in the West Des Moines area. Extensive renovation in spring of 2012 includes many upgrades to guestrooms, breakfast room, public space and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Carlson, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites - Des Moines West Hotel Clive
- Country Inn And Suites - Des Moines West
- Country Inn Clive
- Clive Country Inn