“Currently staying at this hotel ... About to end my stay tomorrow”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clive
Houston, Texas, United States
“Currently staying at this hotel ... About to end my stay tomorrow”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I usually stay at drury inn. This hotel was no drury. I must say Room clean .... Room service comes to early in the morning... Woke me up at 8 am after I just checked in at 1am from driving 15 hours not cool .... Parking is good ... The lady running the breakfast is rude ... She just looked at me ... I looked up again she was still looking at me ... So I just grabbed my food and left. The micro fridge was dirty. The only reason I booked this hotel was far the hot tub and it is broke. The pool was full of splashing bad kids. Overall so far just a hotel.

Room Tip: Just a hotel not above standards just a 2 star hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed here many times. It's always very clean and the stuff has been friendly and most helpful. Food is good but coffee could be better. Easy to get to close to interstate and all kind of food places

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ouray, Colorado
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Three dogs with three people and a Uhaul with 2 cars moving from Colorado to Wisconsin eek. Great service, very pet friendly ran into other dog owners. Room was cleanand spacous enough for three medium dogs. Felt safe and comfortable. Didnt stay for breakfast service but it smelt great. The staff was great inmaking sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our stay at the LaQuinta was very nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. This hotel is conveniently located and very easy to jump on the interstates and get wherever you plan to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed multiple times at this property. Every time is a great night sleep for us and our dogs. The room is decent size for the price. There is plenty of room for my dogs to move around after being cramped up in the car since Wichita, Kansas. Staff is helpful and polite. It is close to the highway and makes for a perfect halfway stop on our travels to visit family up north.

• Stayed September 2013
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is my third La Quinta to stay in. My first was a brand new one in North Dakota oil boom town; the second was in a Kanas City area and was on older model with a large room. This one was a regular size hotel room with the tall beds, a basic sink area and a very small bathroom--smallest of the three hotels. That said, I shared the room with my dad, who wanted the bathroom light left on all night. It runs automatically with the bathroom fan. I could barely hear it in the bed and I had the one closest to the bathroom! Very sound proof walls for the hotel. I could hear people above us walking, but it wasn't a pounding like many lodging places have.

The lobby and breakfast room have been updated. There are charging places for some tables in the breakfast area nook. The staff was very helpful. I went for a run the one morning and the staff was able to confirm the area was safe to be out running.

The room had amenities (we chose one without a fridge). There was an exercise room ( a converted hotel room) with treadmill, tv, and other equipment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband, our big dog and I stayed at this LaQuinta and had a great experience. Our room was large, very clean and the a/c unit was quiet. I had no idea there were so many dogs in the hotel until I opened our door in the a.m. to take our dog outside, and had other dog owners and their pets in the hallway. We have relatives in Des Moines and were meeting them for breakfast both mornings we stayed, so didn't try out the breakfast. I did however grab a cup of coffee (coffee could use improvement - it tasted like instant). The rest of the breakfast buffet looked good and seemed to have plenty of choices. The grounds, while not lavishly landscaped were well tended and we didn't run into any issues with other dog owners not cleaning up after their pets. We visit Des Moines a couple of times each year and this will become our hotel of choice, whether the dog is with us or not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clive
Best Western Plus Des Moines West Inn & Suites
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Sterling Hotel and Suites
Courtyard Des Moines West/Clive

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines-West-Clive? Share your experiences!