“AWFUL HOTEL.....STAY AWAY!!!”

Regency Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This was by far the most awful hotel our family has ever stayed at!!! Where do we start with our complaints..beds were awful, hairdryer was delivered to our room with electrical tape all over it to avoid shock! The fridge brought to the room had food in it from the previous guest the list goes on and on!! The bathroom light had a flashing affect like a strobe light however it was something wrong with the electrical. The pool was out of order because they did not have chemicals for it. The breakfast consisted of mini donoughts prepackaged, fruit loops and corn flakes. And a gallon of milk sitting ontop of a bowl of ice. Please never stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank pamburke3

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Thought the hotel looked good from the pictures online and the price was good when I booked it. Holy Cow, should have looked closer! The parking lot had major potholes. When I went in to register and the kids asked about the pool, "sorry, its closed for renovations." They said the ceiling was falling down! Ok...get to the room and all I can say is YUCK! flat pillows, beds that wouldn't support a cat without dipping in the middle, dirty & clogged sink & shower, no hairdryer (had to ask for one!), and we had to supply our own batteries for the TV remote! Don't think I would reccomend this hotel to someone I didn't like!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TKDmom73
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We had our family Christmas in January this year at the Regency Inn in Clinton, IA and we couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodations. The room they provided for the party was large and comfortable and the rooms were nice, clean and VERY reasonably priced. We are definitely planning on going back for our next Christmas get together, if not sooner.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I'm not a picky traveler. As long as a room is clean, I'm generally OK. I've really never written a truly bad review of a property since I'm easy to please. I'd stayed here a few years ago when it was a Ramada Inn, and it was acceptable. It would appear the new owners have made no attempt to maintain, let alone renovate, anything.

First, the positive: members of the front desk staff were very friendly. It was cheap.

That's it.

Negatives: (too many to list so will only touch on the highlights)
- Hallways were filthy, stained, ripped carpet, etc. I passed an empty cigarette pack so many times I almost started cleaning the place myself.
-Room and entire hotel stunk (I know the by-products and corn syrup plants are nearby but this was something else entirely).
-No ventilation in bathroom.
-No cover in tub drain and you could see years of gunk just sitting in there.
-Bed wasn't very comfy, and only a sheet and think blanket. It's July you say, so why would that matter...
-Couldn't adjust the air conditioner, the knob was broken off. At least it was broken in the 'on' position!!! Incidentally, friends in another room also had a broken AC knob.
-Weeds and general disrepair around the facility, rusted out grills, etc., in areas of the hotel that should either be cleaned up or hidden from view.
-On our second day, after our room was cleaned, we found a Corona bottle cap on the floor. I didn't have any beer at all in the room. So either that thing had been there for who knows how long, or the cleaning staff was boozing it up on the job! It was just a bottle cap, but it seemed to sum up the whole experience.

In their defense, we didn't alert the staff to any of this. But we knew people in other rooms, and it wasn't all that different. Luckily we didn't pay much, so it almost became a comedy.

Overall, avoid this place. I know Clinton, Iowa isn't a traveler's mecca, but stay somewhere where you won't feel dirtier after you shower.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank MrFrump
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
#1 of 9 in Clinton

Been to Regency Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!