“Great new property!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Great new property!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in August as part of a little roadtrip. I am a member of the HHonors points program, so I used my points to cover the majority of the cost of our stay here...bonus! As other reviewers have mentioned, this property is new, so everything feels clean, fresh and modern.

I stay at Hampton Inns semi-regularly for business, and I really like their new layout for the rooms/bathrooms. Our bathroom was larger than that of other Hamptons I've stayed in, and there's a large walk-in shower instead of the old tub/shower combo. Our king bed was situated so that the head is against the back of the bathroom wall instead of along the side wall like most traditional hotel room layouts. I think that helps to buffer any hallway noise at night (though we didn't hear any anyway...it was nice and quiet for the duration of our stay.) I know bed comfort is often a matter of personal taste, but I really like the Hampton beds and pillows, and the fact that they wash the duvets fresh for each guest. I slept like a baby :)

The room also had a flatscreen TV, chair/ottoman, fridge and microwave. LIke another reveiwer, I appreciated all the convenient places to plug in electronics. Too many times I have had to dig behind the bed to find an outlet for my phone! The only thing I found lacking lacking was a logical place to store a second piece of luggage (especially for those of us who don't unpack everything)...no low-slung dresser or foldable luggage racks. I put my bag on the bench at the foot of the bed, but hubby had to put his on the floor. Not a huge deal, especially in a spacious room.

Housekeeping service was excellent. Our room was spotless when we returned, all of the towles were replaced and she even left us a few of the extra "goodies." The breakfast area was also very nice, with lots of comfy places to sit. Felt more like a "lounge" than a breakfast area. The food consisted of the usual Hampton offerings: waffles, breads, cereals, etc., and a rotating hot selection. We peeked at the pool area but didn't use it due to the hot tub being out of service. That was probably the only minor disappointment of our stay. The pool was smallish, but clean and inviting looking.

This hotel is located next to the Wild Rose Casino, on the outskirts of Clinton. Other than the casino, there's not much wthin walking distance, but there are restaurants and shops a short drive away. It does look like they're probably going to be building more in this area soon.

I'm not sure when/if I'll be back to the Clinton area, but I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

P.S. if you do go to Clinton, I'd highly recommend checking out the little town of Fulton, IL across the river. The Dutch Windmill and Heritage Canyon are both great (and free) attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your past stay at our property! We are so glad that we had the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel. We have many unique features at our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed them from our walk-in showers to our Perfect Mix lobby! We are very sorry our hot tub was out of order during your stay! We have fixed the issue and it is back up and running! Again thank you for staying with us, and for your continued loyalty to our Hilton Honors program. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this property the night before traveling to RAGBRAI. Everything worked, looked, and smelled great. Because there were so many cyclists leaving early, they opened breakfast at 5:00 a.m. Next to Wild Rose Casino.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TrekRef
John B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your past stay with us at our Hampton! Our team was so excited to welcome Ragbrai to Clinton and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

John Bustos
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel was brand new when I stayed in May 2012. The grass was still mostly fresh sod. The building is a cookie-cutter design, exactly the same as any other Hampton Inn built in the last few years. Rooms are also the same new style that Hampton has been building in the last few years. There is a different style of deadbolt than I have seen before, I think it is an improvement.

The breakfast room is set up very well. I haven't seen this exactly layout before, but it is worth noting that it is good. The high-tables in the lobby have power ports under the tabletop for laptops. There are a LOT of convenient power ports in the room too. 2 on the desk lamp and 2 on the bedside lamp.

Excersize room, pool, and business center are all standard fare and no complaints from me. At the time I stayed, the business center PCs did NOT have that awful portal software that some hotels have. Just a guest windows login and a reasonably fast computer.

Beds are reasonably comfortable, decent for most people but not the best out there. I didn't like any of the pillows.

The cookie-cutter design is OK, but they should be changing the design slightly to accommodate local site conditions. I wish they had put a door on the side of the building facing the casino next door, that would have made sense! Instead I had to walk across the grass. The access roads/driveways also don't make a ton of sense either. It looks like they are expecting to plop some more commercial buildings around this hotel, but with nothing built yet, it looks strange and incomplete.

Front desk staff was excellent. They even dug up some Windex so I could clean the bugs from my motorcycle helmet.

Even though this hotel is brand spanking new, those pesky Gideons found time to plant their bible in the bedside table drawer. No hotel is complete without that!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mrrogertheshrubber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
AmericInn Hotel & Suites DeWitt

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!