My husband and I stayed at this hotel two nights August 21 and 22 for his high school reunion. I discovered all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor were well-founded as we checked in. The place smelled fresh and clean and had been recently painted - always a good sign. Means they want to maintain the place to a high standard. We stayed in Room 230. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Beds were soft and we each had ample pillows. Also, the soundproofing is excellent. We never heard our neighbors. To be fair, we had a corner room, but we never heard anyone in the halls or in the room next to ours.
The bathroom was very well-furnished with plenty of towels for each of us. The shower was fun because of the three different settings. There do not appear to be any treads on the shower floor to keep you from slipping, so be careful. Only one little nitpick here: the shower exhaust fan doesn't work well and took nearly 40 minutes to clear out the steam and unfog the mirror, but so what. Everything else about it was fine so I'll overlook that.
It was such a nice treat to have a nice warm breakfast waiting for us in the lobby area every morning. Quite a nice selection, too. Yoplait yogurt in several flavors, hard-boiled eggs, skim milk in little cartons, scrambled eggs or cheese omlets, bacon, sausage, toast, bagals, cinnamon rolls, and four choices of name-brand cereals. Every morning. I'm not kidding. And it's really good food, too!
The staff was courteous and helpful. Many thanks to Clay the desk clerk/supervisor who was more than accommodating in replacing our broken refrigerator in five minutes of having called him. Now that's service! Try getting that attention anywhere else.
Oh, did I mention their pool? I swam for about a half hour both days I was there and really enjoyed it, and I'm very particular when it comes to pools. If they even remotely appear nasty, forget it. But this pool's great! The water was sparkling clean and the temperature was comfortable. Plenty of towels available. Awesome!
In summary, if you find yourself in Clinton, Iowa, stay at this place. You won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clinton is located in a newly developed business district on US HWY 30 and HWY 67. We feature many restaurants within walking distance such as: Applebee's, King Buffet, Pizza Hut, and Burger King. Other local restaurants are within 10 to 15 minutes of the hotel. We have a micro-brewery downtown that features a wonderful selection of tasty treats. If you are in for Italian, Rastrelli's would be our choice. We also have a sports bar called Time Out, for those moments needed after a hard day at work or play! We offer high speed Internet, microwaves, coffee makers and refrigerators in every room. The Quad-City International Airport is approximately 30 miles north. There are plenty of activities in the Clinton area to entice the young and the old. Within driving distance you can walk the historic shops of Galena, IL or eagle watch at the lock and dam across the river. We have a variety of parks for picnics, or for the fitness minded we have two bike paths with a scenic view of the Mississippi River. Area businesses include ADM, Data Dimensions, Lyondell Equistar, and Rock Tenn. Come and enjoy a wonderful stay at our hotel, we will be waiting for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Clinton Hotel Clinton
- Holiday Inn Clinton
- Clinton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton Iowa