“Loved our stay!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
St. Louis
“Loved our stay!”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two nights August 21 and 22 for his high school reunion. I discovered all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor were well-founded as we checked in. The place smelled fresh and clean and had been recently painted - always a good sign. Means they want to maintain the place to a high standard. We stayed in Room 230. The room was spotless and very comfortable. Beds were soft and we each had ample pillows. Also, the soundproofing is excellent. We never heard our neighbors. To be fair, we had a corner room, but we never heard anyone in the halls or in the room next to ours.

The bathroom was very well-furnished with plenty of towels for each of us. The shower was fun because of the three different settings. There do not appear to be any treads on the shower floor to keep you from slipping, so be careful. Only one little nitpick here: the shower exhaust fan doesn't work well and took nearly 40 minutes to clear out the steam and unfog the mirror, but so what. Everything else about it was fine so I'll overlook that.

It was such a nice treat to have a nice warm breakfast waiting for us in the lobby area every morning. Quite a nice selection, too. Yoplait yogurt in several flavors, hard-boiled eggs, skim milk in little cartons, scrambled eggs or cheese omlets, bacon, sausage, toast, bagals, cinnamon rolls, and four choices of name-brand cereals. Every morning. I'm not kidding. And it's really good food, too!

The staff was courteous and helpful. Many thanks to Clay the desk clerk/supervisor who was more than accommodating in replacing our broken refrigerator in five minutes of having called him. Now that's service! Try getting that attention anywhere else.

Oh, did I mention their pool? I swam for about a half hour both days I was there and really enjoyed it, and I'm very particular when it comes to pools. If they even remotely appear nasty, forget it. But this pool's great! The water was sparkling clean and the temperature was comfortable. Plenty of towels available. Awesome!

In summary, if you find yourself in Clinton, Iowa, stay at this place. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Iowa
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Was in Clinton to attend a funeral, so this was the perfect location as it's right across the street from the cemetary (Springfield). Room was very large, very comfortable, with a larger than usual frig and a microwave that may or may not have worked.

Generous and comfy queen with both soft and firm pillows, comfortable sofa, and clean. The room was truly ready despite our early check-in needs with frig running and a/c going. Nice clean windows that really open.

Staff was accomodating and very helpful. An early checkin was arranged for both rooms I booked. When we left, I left my leather jacket in my second room. A member of the housekeeping staff came running out to catch me before I left the premises.

The HIE is nestled in a shopping center with Target and some other chain retailers. Not pretty views, but busy and comfortable. If I need to go to Clinton again, I will absolutely stay here, and would recommend that anyone else do the same.

Privately owned HIE.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 30, 2008

Room was a standard king.
Holiday Inn Express does an excellent job keeping their hotels uniform.
Room was huge, quiet, bright & very clean, with dorm fridge. Bed was very comfortable & sheets were clean.
Breakfast was great & staff was very friendly with lots of smiles from every employee. The entire building had that "new building smell".
I'll stay here again.

• Liked — Located in a quiet area
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Favre440
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I stayed one night at the Clinton HIE.

This is a new HIE and all HIEs should be this nice!

The interior of the hotel is modern and in very good shape. The rooms are well appointed. The bedding is very comfortable, there is a 27 inch flat screen TV and the Internet worked well. The only minor problem was a "gurgling" in room refrigerator (I wish they didn't put these in hotel rooms).

Breakfast was very good.

This hotel is a little ways outside of Jackson, but for the price and newness, it is well worth the drive.

I would highly recommend this HIE!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank BhamBuddy
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2008

We went to see a 10 piece band and figured we would get a room so we didn't drink and drive. Very friendly staff - mid twenties and older crowd.. which was a nice change from the normal teeny bopper bars we go to dance at.

We got a smoking room, which was not a good choice! you forget how smelly and gross they are until you are in them! Other than that, it was a great deal, comfy bed and great breakfast. They even gave us a late checkout, which we needed!!

• Liked — Good Band, good drinks , friendly staff
  • Disliked — smelly smoking room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grl4Grl
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I have stayed here many times and just completed a one night stay this week. The rooms was clean and the wireless worked fine. It seems like a new HIX but I have been staying here since 04 and it hasn't changed much. They have a happy hour from 5 to 7 weeknights with beer, wine and snacks. The Best Western next door is pretty tired. I think this HIX is the best game in town.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank CarlHott
Port Hope, Michigan
Reviewed December 26, 2004

The hotel was clean and comfortable, and had a good work area for business. High-speed internet service was included. Unfortunately, the hotel is fairly far out of town, and there are few restaurant choices in the vicinity. I'd stay again, but would look through town for places to eat.

1 Thank erie906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!