“A wonderful theater in the River City”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City of Clinton Showboat
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Clinton
Clinton, Iowa
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“A wonderful theater in the River City”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The admission is a little high and parking can be bad, but the shows are well worth the money. I can not wait for the holiday play to open, I will be there with my children!

Visited December 2012

Erie, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Suprising quality in Clinton”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have to admit that I was hesitant to go here at first. I grew up close to Chicago and was used to quality theatre and had had some bad theatre experiences since moving out to the sticks. The Showboat turned out to be a great time. We saw "Forever Plaid" and the cast and crew were top notch. Bravo Showboat! I will be back. I would recommend making an evening of it and going to Candlelight for dinner next door as well.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jim723
Davenport, Iowa
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“camp at the showboat”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We sent the children to summer acting camp. The counselors were fantastic, SO positive! Great confidence boost and all three of the children had a great time. Great show and great experience.

Visited August 2012
Thank Mrs. W
Fulton, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Clinton is luck to have such a resource as the show boat theater. We went to the Christmas play last year and enjoyed it very much! I recommend the show boat to everyone.

Visited December 2010
2 Thank theslamdunkking
ottawa,il
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional shows at a great value”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The Showboat is a lovely converted old paddleboat located on the shores of the Mississippi. My family and friends saw five musicals this past summer and were very impressed with each and every one. The acting is top notch, the music and dancing great, and the casting was right on. Can't wait until next season!

Visited July 2011