“A lot of noise and fould odor.”

Best Western Holiday Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake
Clear Lake, United States
“A lot of noise and fould odor.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is old and has seen better days. The rooms are very small and out dated. The HVAC system was extremly noisy. Along with that nois I could hear the person in the next roon snore all night. It was as if the person was in my room. My room and its bathroom had a fouls odor. Some strange object on a shelf in the area you chould hang clothes. It appeared to be made of ceiling tiles and duct tape. Have no idea what it was. The hotel is chopped up and difficult to navagate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

lfaught, General Manager at Best Western Holiday Lodge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
John, thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. The item in closet on shelf is a condensate pump for the hvac unit, not every room has them just a hand full of rooms that needed them to make the system work in that room. I know I responded to the review that you did on Medialla as well but we did put this room out of order to look at the ceiling tile and grid work. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Thank You, Lori Faught General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Greenfield
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I come to this area every 6-8 weeks for work, I love the consistency of this hotel. Rooms are always clean, beds are always comfortable, and the staff is always friendly. Location is not the greatest for dining options, but Just a few miles down the road to lots of shopping and dining.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

lfaught, General Manager at Best Western Holiday Lodge, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at our Hotel. We appreciate your patronage! We look forward to your return.

Thanks, Lori Faught General Manager
Gunnedah, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stopped here en route to Oshkosh WI late at night. Front desk were great and the roon superficially OK UNTIL I looked for a power source behind the armchair. Bad move. No-one has cleaned behind the chair since 1988! Dust and cobwebs everywhere. So then I checked behind the bedtables and under the bed - ditto.
The hotel was OK, but very dated and I half expected to see Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis walk down the corridor. That would be OK if it was clean???
Breakfast was average, the room attendant not very happy, I still have no idea what the "eggs" were - microwaved eggpowder by the look of them.

Room Tip: All very similar I imagine
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I wish I knew what room you were in so I could check our deep cleaning book. We deep clean every room twice a year as well as doing preventive maintenance.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel had friendly kitchen staff and a nice variety of breakfast foods. It was clean overall but the bathroom floor grout showed signs of former flooding. The room was small but had good air control. The biggest negative was a poor bed that had springs you could feel and didn't have support. Our stay was short so we didn't see or use other amenities like the pool.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased you were happy with breakfast and the service of cleanliness and kitchen staff. I am disappointed to read about the bed. I wish I knew what room you were in so I could personally go and check it out. We get all of our beds made locally and all of our beds are within five years old.

Clear Lake, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

i have spend many more nights at this hotel. The staff is very good at meeting the needs of those who stay here. I spend many nights in hotels because of business. Each time I stay somewhere it is a new experience. I constantly receive first impression. This hotel has been consistent from day one to provide the services I needed while i stayed here. I highly recommend them as a place to stay when visiting Clear Lake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jeffrey,

We do our very best at trying to meet every customers needs. It is rewarding to do know that we are making a difference and trying to make our guest feel like they are home.

Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

As Clear Lake is my home town, I visit many times a year and I always stay at this hotel. Service is excellent, rooms clean and modern and location is fantastic as it is close to restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our Hotel. I am passing on your comments to the different departments, knowing that the staff will be inspired to continue their efforts in providing good service.

Thanks, Lori Faught General Manager
Greenfield
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful! I stay in allot of hotels for my job and this one meets all of my needs: fitness center, Clean, good breakfast, great location.... Oh I and good Coffee:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to the apporpriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clear Lake
#4 of 8 in Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City
Hampton Inn & Suites Mason City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City

Been to Best Western Holiday Lodge? Share your experiences!