Best Western Holiday Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilltop Motel(Clear Lake)
View Hotel
Lake Country Inn(Clear Lake)
Lakeside Inn(Clear Lake)
View Hotel
All reviewsattached restaurantbennigan's restaurantpool areahot tubfree shuttlebreakfast roomfitness centersmall elevatorsurf ballroommason citycrash sitegreat place to staywould stay againexcellent customer servicean older propertycleaning staffbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After many hours of driving through steady rain, I decided to stay at this Best Western. I called the 800# while on the road for a standard King Bed room. When I finally made it to the hotel, the lady at the Front Desk stated that she had not noticed my reservation and already rented my room type out! Fortunately, she was able to upgrade me to a King Suite!!! The suite seemed to have been a recent renovation. Everything was clean and fresh looking! Wi-fi worked well, too. It seem that there was 2 seperate Air/heat thermostats to the suite. The sitting-room temp control worked well. I was not able to figure out the temp control unit for the bedroom. Though the bedroom was cooler than I'd like, the comforter on the bed kept me warm!! Did not partake in the breakfast, so unable to comment about it. In the morning, the another woman working the Front Desk was able to give me good directions to the Buddy Holly Crash Site.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank UncleDavid_3
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We spent two nights meeting with family and found the hotel adequate. The rooms are okay and bed was comfortable. We were a bit annoyed by fruit flies around the dining area and even the Bennigan's. The pool is large, new hot tub and large area surrounding pool. The young lady who cleaned our room was extremely pleasant and helpful. The computer area is now enclosed and has a printer, scanner, and is nice not being right in the lobby. All in all, it was a good place to stay and we had reasonable rates..would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GinnyWaterloo_Iowa
Reviewed November 1, 2011

You immediately know it's outdated when entering the lobby. It also has that worn out smell. The A/C-heater unit in room was very noisy. I could only get lukewarm water in the bathroom/shower. I found the bathroom counter to be uncomfortably low. The decore needs updating badly. Remember beer bottle openers on the bathroom door frames? Yup, they got them. My room door rattled when someone else would let theirs slam on my floor. The attached restaurant is OK. Limited selelction continental breakfast food looks like it was pressed out of the same machine. Watch your breakfast table. Efficient staff will remove your dinnerware before you're done eating. The only bright side was the very friendly, enthusiastic & helpful front desk staff. They belong in a better hotel. Bottom line: This is a typcial example of why I shy away from the Best Western brand. They tend to be too inconsistent in quality from location to location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were looking for a hotel close to I-35 and Hwy 18 and were pleased with our choice of the Best Western. The pool area is large and very nice. They are in the process of updating the breakfast area. There are a lot of long intricate hallways so a person with mobility issues should request a room near the lobby.
It is a minor item, but there is no coffee in the lobby like most hotels. There are coffee makers in the rooms. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. The breakfast room was closed, so there was no access to a microwave. That can be very inconvenient for those with babies or those that want the microwave popcorn from the vending machine!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DIVESD
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed for 6 weeks while working in the area. The work staff are great. Wonderful breakfasts. The fact that Bennigan's was attached was a plus for me. I could come back to motel from work and get cleaned up, eat, and BS with the fabulous bartenders until time to go to room for the night without having to get out in wintery weather.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business