“nice place to overnight”
Review of Super 8 Clear Lake

Super 8 Clear Lake
Super 8 Clear Lake
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rome City, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had to stay in Clear Lake for one night while on business. I called and checked the other area motels and the Super 8 came in at $7 less than everyone else. I did NOT check with the Budget Inn due to poor reviews. The motel was located right next to the interstate interchange and was very easy to find. They also had ample parking for my pickup and long trailer. The desk clerk was friendly and efficient and I was in my room within minutes of arriving. The room was clean, as was my bedding. There was a comfortable couch in the room, which did have some stains on it. This may have been due to the fact that there was no desk in the room, so one was left with the couch or the bed from which to eat dinner in the room. They provided a decent selection of cable channels and the password protected wifi signal was strong and reliable all night. There is a Taco John's across the parking lot, which was both convenient and tasty. There did not appear to be any other restaurants within walking distance. My only complaint about the room (other than the missing desk) was that there was at least one small flying insect "bugging" me in the room during the evening...never was able to exterminate it. Breakfast consisted of cereals, yogurt and fresh waffles. The bonus there for me was the crock pot of sausage gravy and some biscuits. Neither of those will ever threaten to compete with Bob Evans or even Denny's, but I managed to take a full plate with me as I left and they were quite good. Overall, this was a fairly standard Super 8 and I know that I have stayed in much worse. It seemed a bit pricey for what I received, but compared to the other area properties, it was a good value. I would stay there again if I get back to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mason City
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Mason City

Been to Super 8 Clear Lake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Clear Lake

Property: Super 8 Clear Lake
Address: 2809 4th Ave S, I-35 Exit 193 at 4th Ave, Clear Lake, IA 50428-2289
Location: United States > Iowa > Clear Lake
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clear Lake
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Clear Lake 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Clear Lake