I stayed here in July 2012. The property was recently re-modeled by new owners. It is located directly on the lake with great sunset views. Our party had three rooms and everyone was very satisfied with the accommodations. The rooms are clean, beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked really well in my room. My room also had an enormous jetted tub, but I didn't use it.
There is a simple continental breakfast available in the very small lobby, but no seating. There is a lakeside restaurant called The Landing on one corner of the property that is open for lunch and dinner serving appetizers, salads and sandwiches. This is really nice because there doesn't seem to be many places to eat or drink that have a view of the lake.
The friendly owners and staff deserve a mention. They accommodated all requests quickly and cheerfully and really seemed to care that we were happy with our stay. I plan to return next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The South Shore Inn is the only hotel located on the shores of Clear Lake, Iowa. All rooms are lakefront with perfect views of Clear Lake. Complimentary breakfast and WiFi are standard with every room.A full service restaurant, The Landing, was added to the South Shore Inn in May 2012. The Landing offers a large lake front bar and grille, with perfect views of Clear Lake, Iowa. We have a large dock where you can conveniently tie up your boat during the day or evening to stop by for food or drinks. The Landing is located at 1603 South Shore Dr, attached to the lakeside of the South Shore Inn. Stop by for great food, unique drinks and an unbeatable atmosphere! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- South Shore Inn - Clear Lake Hotel Clear Lake
- Heartland Hotel Clear Lake
- South Shore Inn - Clear Lake Iowa