“"Just Okay"”

Bennigan's
Ranked #21 of 48 Restaurants in Clear Lake
Cuisines: American, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Description: Bennigan's restaurant and bar at the Best Western hotel off I-35 in Clear Lake, Iowa is an upbeat and relaxing place to kick back and experience the genuine spirit of Irish Hospitality! Enjoy craveable, crowd-pleasing food, ice cold beers, specialty drinks and wines. Our restaurant offers longtime Bennigan's favorites like our Kilkenny’s Country Chicken Wrap and decadent Monte Cristo with innovative new American fare selections and famous Burgers! Check out our daily Food and Drink Specials!
Reviewed November 20, 2012

There are many eating establishments on this Clear Lake exit on I-35. We decided on lunch at Bennigans. It was marginal. Service was good. There weren't many customers on this Saturday. Unsure why. I forgot to ask for my salad dressing on the side. So my Caesar Salad had way, way too much. I couldn't finish it. There was a very pesky fly that kept buzzing around our heads. Strange in November. I got the feel that the restaurant could be a little cleaner. The French Onion Soup was tasty, but that is a hard item to screw up. I don't know that I would stop here again. As I said, it was "just okay."

There are newer reviews for Bennigan's

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed in the hotel next door which is serviced by Bennigan's for room service. This is the second time I have ordered room service from this Bennigan's and I was again please. Tasty food, delivered fast, and served friendly. A good way to end a long day of travel.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

It's unfortunate that Bennigan's is attached to the "Holiday Lodge". It's guilty by association. The smell from the Best Western penetrates the restaurant and makes dining a bit much to bear.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am surprised that Bennigans is ranked so high with Trip Advisor. Maybe we hit it on a bad night but it is consistent with our experience at the attached Best Western hotel. When we entered, it was not at all busy. It was 7:30pm on a Saturday night. As we were led to our table, there were many unbussed tables and lots of debris on the floor. No one seemed to be doing anything about it nor concerned about it. This issue was not addressed the entire time we were in the restaurant. We had come after seeing a sample menu in our hotel room (see my review of hotel!), and were interested in a particular sandwich, an Irish version of the French Dip. The mixed green salad was very good, as was the roll that came with it. The sandwich was huge but it ended there. The beef was tender but had absolutely no flavor to it and seemed dry. It was more than underwhelming. We could have gone to Arby's and gotten a French dip sandwich at a much lesser price and had a better tasting sandwich than this was. Our waiter, Reese, came to the table, while I was obviously still eating, and asked if I would like to have the remainder of my sandwich boxed up to take with me. I looked at him rather strangely and told him that I was not yet finished! Then, he proceeded to bring the bill and check us out, while I was still eating!!!!!! The restaurant was empty except for 2 other tables, there were no patrons waiting, there should have been no rush or push to get us out of there, yet here was our waiter rushing us along. Overall, it was not a good dining experience. Skip this place.

1  Thank Docsdaughter45
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Absolutely loved Bennigan's, great food & service. Had a wide selection on the menu. Bar was fun too. Price were very reasonable. I eat there often.