“Dinners at Bennigans”

Bennigan's
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Clear Lake
Cuisines: American, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Description: Bennigan's restaurant and bar at the Best Western hotel off I-35 in Clear Lake, Iowa is an upbeat and relaxing place to kick back and experience the genuine spirit of Irish Hospitality! Enjoy craveable, crowd-pleasing food, ice cold beers, specialty drinks and wines. Our restaurant offers longtime Bennigan's favorites like our Kilkenny’s Country Chicken Wrap and decadent Monte Cristo with innovative new American fare selections and famous Burgers! Check out our daily Food and Drink Specials!
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Food was outstanding, more than adequate, great variety on the menu, service outstanding. Ask for Zach, the best waiter in the place!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

My fav part was the Monte Cristobal bites. Yummy we had excellent service and loved the foods the price was right oi wish the had this place in California

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Food was just average in appearance and taste. The service was marginal lacking attention to detail and personality.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Personally I love bennigans and love there food. My face are the chicken quesedillas and also the baked potato soup is to die for! We live in clear lake so have been here lots. My husband and I actually had our small family only wedding reception here just at one of the large tables. Service could be much better (most of the hosts and waitresses are very young and is one of the youngest hiring places in town.) One of my old friends worked there and I heard horror stories about workers going in the back and doing illegal drugs on breaks. This was a few years ago and I think management has changed. When this manager was there the restaurant was nasty. Food was unpredictable and we stopped going there. Dust was thick and atmosphere was filthy. Seems to have improved greatly since then but still had occasional problems. My husband nd did room service from them when we stayed at the holiday in that is connected for our 1st anniversary. Food arived 1 1/2 hours later. Because they wrote our room number down wrong. I was furious! Overall its a good place to eat in this small twin but it could be better. The antiques are very fun to look at all throughout the restaurant!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We ate at Benningans because it was adjacent to the motel where we were staying. The service was friendly but not very efficient. The food was average when compared to similar restaurants.
If we stay at the motel again, we would probably eat there again. Otherwise, probably not.