“Going for the Golden Rings”
Review of J Bruner's

J Bruner's
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Clarinda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Red Oak, Iowa
“Going for the Golden Rings”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Truly a treat to eat at in southwest Iowa and most patrons will tell you that you order the onion rings to start your meal but be prepared if there's only two of yiou, you won't be able to eat the stack and still eat your meal.

Visited April 2012

Ottumwa, Iowa
“Very nice”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We ate here on a Tuesday night. There was a short wait, but the service was good and the food was great. (i ordered the Mahi Mahi.)

Visited June 2012
Charleston, SC
“The Best in the MidWest”
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I know it's a corney title to my review, however, there isn't much restaurant life to be found anywhere near Clarinda, and that makes this place even more of a gem. My Grandparents brought me here while I was visiting them. The steaks are amazing, and they have THE BEST onion rings in the entire world!!! I really wish I lived a little closer, so that I could visit a little more often!

Iowa
“Great food in small Iowa town.”
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Good quality and good variety of food. Love their filets. A little higher priced than you might expect in a small town, but it's worth it. Great onion rings. Good lounge menu as well. Dress casually or dress up. You'll see both and won't feel out of place.
Just FYI, we live nearby but we're not related to nor friends with owners/managers/employees. We like to travel and many times compare "vacation" food with what we can get near home. As far as steaks and typical midwestern fare is concerned, rarely is it better than at Bruner's.