“Great Experience”

Best Western La Grande Hacienda
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Normally I do not take the time to write feedback, but my recent week’s stay in October for business has inspired me to do so. The staff and owner there were all so genuinely friendly and went out of their way to accommodate their guests. The restaurant food was great, and the menu offers many choices. The hotel’s atmosphere was inviting and the lounge offers a great place to relax. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good location, nice pool area and grounds, much more than I had expected for a small town. Thank you all for a memorable experience you are a great group that excel at knowing how to make people feel welcomed. I truly did enjoy the stay & very much look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed November 8, 2008

This hotel is top notch! My family and I flew in to the Cherokee Airport on a private plane. The owner of the Best Western picked us up at the airport late at night and drove us to the hotel. There is a restaurant at the hotel, and the food was good and reasonably priced. The room was clean and well appointed, and the staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our short stay. The complimentary HOT breakfast was filling and delicious, the beds were comfortable, and the owner went out of her way to make sure that our stay was enjoyable. Thanks!!!

I would recommend this hotel to any traveler looking for a clean, comfortable hotel and a hot breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Skyhawk01
Reviewed September 13, 2008

We stayed here to attend my Grandmother's funeral in a nearby town. I was worried about what to expect, but I left feeling 100% satisfied. The managers were very friendly and accommodating to the frequent special requests from our large group. The hotel was very clean considering its age. Everyone was happy with the breakfast offerings. The pool was very well maintained. Great spot if you have a reason to come to Cherokee! *And be sure to eat at the Mexican restaurant--it was great!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Ok, so here's the deal...This motel offers some really great amenities that makes this motel go from your "standard" motel to the "above average" motel. The pool area is awesome. Great indoor pool and a hot tub that is actually hot. This hotel offers a filling continental breakfast and the staff is very friendly. I highly recommend the Steakhouse inside the hotel. I thought the food was amazing and it's very affordable. When looking for an affordable night's stay with a pretty good amount of amenities, try this Best Western!

Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Well Stayed there 3 nites for a family get together and was generally happy with the outcome. The room was dated but had a great view of the indoor pool. My room carpet felt damp but wasn't sure if it's the ac unit or humidity in general. Regardless, I didn't complain about it and was happy. My kids enjoyed the pool but make sure you don't touch the lap rope unless you want to be spoken too from management. Towels are big, rooms were clean and staff were wonderful! The Chapperal Restaurant had one of the best Iowa porkchops I've had for dinner. Breakfast was great too for a small hotel. It had all of the continental breakfast like most bigger hotels, but you can make your own waffles. It had scramble eggs, toast, sausage patties, hot and cold cereal, bananas, all the juices, milk, cold/hot tea, and 2 choices of coffee as well. All in all, I would stay here again in a heart beat. Only 3 motels in Cherokee far as I know and I'm happy with the La Grande Hacienda

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Our stay started out nice enough, however, we quickly discovered the hallways smelled like pet urine right outside our door in the hallway. This hotel allows pets, so they should be cleaning their carpets more. It is unacceptable to leave them urine stained. The smell was undeniable.

The rooms were a bit outdated with a western theme, however, they were very clean. The mattresses needed to be replaced as they slumped towards the middle, but were still relatively comfortable.

We had what seemed to be a very nice continental breakfast before we left the following morning. However, upon arrival at our next stop, my spouse and I both became ill, and needed to use the bathroom immediately. We did not eat anything in between leaving the hotel and arriving at our next stop. Additionally, we hadn't eaten anything since 4 p.m. the day of our arrival, so we know something on the the continental breakfast was the likely culprit.

That said, the staff was very pleasant, and accomodating. The pool area was very nice, and our family enjoyed it very much. We had stayed at this hotel years ago, and had nothing but a glowing report then about our stay. We rebooked based on our first experience there. It appears they need to be more careful on food handling, and/or temperatures of their food servers. They also need to clean all of their carpets frequently if they are going to have pets permitted on the property.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Waxhaw NC
Reviewed July 21, 2003

We stayed here in July, 2003. This was a very pleasant experience, and the whole staff was just wonderful. The rooms are extremely clean! The towels are nice - and not like "handy wipes", and we actually received 4 bath towels each day-without having to request extra!!! The restaurant food was great, and the pool is wonderfully kept.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherokee
Cherokee Inn
#2 of 4 in Storm Lake
Hometown Guesthouse
Hometown Guesthouse
#1 of 1 in Marcus

Been to Best Western La Grande Hacienda? Share your experiences!