“Family reunion”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cherokee
Denver, Colorado
“Family reunion”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Several people in our group stayed at the Cherokee Inn. The rooms were clean, the owner was very friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast good. We needed a room where we could congregate and they had one that was perfect for us.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ginger1245
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you to you and all of your family members for staying with us over the week. Hope the drive back to home was a bit easy for your mom. Again thank you so much for taking your time to do a review for my motel.
Shirish Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The owner/staff were helpful in pointing out local attractions. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated. Great value for the price. I would come back and stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cynthia T
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Hello Cynthia Thank you for staying at our hotel. And thanks for taking your time to do a review on our hotel. We will see you guys the next time you have a spur of the moment trip to Cherokee area. Shirish-Cherokee Inn
Lees Summit
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. This is a former Super 8 hotel and now is the Cherokee Inn. The rooms were pretty standard, nice and clean. There are a few signs of age and could use some slight lipstick and rouge updating.
The breakfast is phenomenal for a hotel. They have a griddle running where you can cook your own, eggs, bacon, sausage patties and/or hash browns. They also have English muffins, bagels, cold cereal, waffles, fruit and orange/apple juice.
The room was comfortable, but the chair in the corner was a bit tight in the king room. We had two rooms, a king and the two queens (I think). The two bed room was a tad more comfortable appearing as the wife and I were in the King room.
Everyone in our group raved about the comfort of the beds and all slept extremely well.
You can not beat this place for the price and breakfast.
Absolutely recommend people traveling through Northwest Iowa should put this toward the top of their list for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Absolutely do not miss the opportunity to save some cash and take advantage of the FANTASTIC breakfa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Executioner
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello. I want to Thank you for your time and effort you took to do a review for my motel. I just learned about it yesterday, so sorry for a delayed respond. I am very pleased on what you said. But yes I do understand it needs a little bit of more updating. But I have been doing the update one thing at time...and will do so as long as I am here. I am planning to do the upstairs window curtains during this summer and maybe the bathroom exhaust fans. Again Thank you very much for staying with us and using TripAdvisor.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had to call the hotel for a few different reasons and the service was excellent.
I had a nice, quiet, clean, room! THANK YOU.
We had a very nice, much more selection for breakfast than I anticipated (make your own waffle machine, sausage, hashbrowns, bread/english muffins, cereal (hot and cold), beverages.
Wonderful stay from beginning to end. (4 guests, three rooms).
The value for the money was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ann K
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello Ann. Sorry for a delayed respond to the time and effort you took to do a review for my motel. I am very happy to hear what you said, it makes all the hard work and our effort worth every minute. We hope to see you and your friends family every time you need to stay in Cherokee. Thank you very much for staying with us and using TripAdvisor.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights, and had very good experiences there.
The management of this hotel treated people very professionally and courteously. The continental breakfast is unique, in that there is a griddle where you can drop on individually-packaged sausages, and fry your own eggs. The very edge around the room had a bit of dust, but other than that, no major problems or issues encountered at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank midwesttraveler552
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello, I wanted to Thank You for you time to do a review for my motel. Sorry for the delayed respond but I learned about your review just yesterday. We hope to see you ever time you come in Cherokee. Again thank you for using TripAdvisor and staying with us at the Cherokee Inn

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I cannot commend the owner enough on how he runs this place. So friendly, clean and updated. They have a great breakfast and the owner is always checking in to make sure you have everything you need. I definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the area!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank sfgiants_girl86
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello Thank you very much for your review of my motel. I am very pleased to hear on what you wrote. We will see you every time you come in Cherokee...right. And we will do our best to serve you and your family in the same manner each and every time. Thank you very much for your time and using TripAdivisor and Cherokee Inn.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 in Cherokee for one night. Our stay was enjoyable, and slightly better than expected. Overall we felt the stay was a good value and would definitely stay at this Super 8 again. It was apparent that the owners took pride in their business.

The gentleman who greeted us upon check in was very friendly and helpful. Our room had new carpet, which was nice except for the new carpet smell. The room was well appointed with a TV with cable, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Overall the room was very clean, but my spouse was grossed out by a long black hair on her bath towel (but these things happen).

The view was poor, looking at some type of warehouse. The continental breakfast was what you'd expect, cereal, breads, and danish.

The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked fine. We did wake up to some loud people in the hallway around 3 am, so there could be a little more sound proofing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Molson30
sb b, Owner at Cherokee Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello, Monson. I know this is a very delayed respond to the time and review you did for my motel. But I have learned about your review just yesterday. I signed up with TripAdvisor and am now writing you to Thank you....Thank you very much for your time and a positive review for my motel. If you ever come back in Cherokee please stay with us one more time and see my newly remodeled breakfast room. Just use TripAdvisor to book your stay with us. Again Thank you Very Much.

Shirish Bhakta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cherokee
Best Western La Grande Hacienda
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#3 of 4 in Storm Lake
Boulders Inn & Suites Holstein

Been to Cherokee Inn? Share your experiences!