“The locals love it”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Found via google search when looking for restaurant
Description: Found via google search when looking for restaurant
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Yet, if you're from an area that serves excellent Mexican food, you'll detect that the ingredients are mostly canned and the flavors not quite up to par. The staff is sweet and the service is pretty good. If you tell them a person in your party is having a birthday, there'll be a sombrero on their head and a rousing song to celebrate. The locals will tell you it's one of the best places in town which is a bigger indictment of the local offerings than a ringing endorsement for the Monterey.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I love Mexican food...tried this place, and will most definitely be back!! We had the shrimp fajitas, and they were delicious! Restaurant was clean, staff was friendly, food was hot, delicious, and filling. Great experience, would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I hadn't dined there for a long time because the last few times I'd been there, the food was so,so and the margaritas were weak. But when friends from out of town invited us, we decided to try again. I ordered something different than usual. I had a chile relleno, enchilada and burrito. It was basically boiled, seasoned ground beef, a pepper of some kind, corn tortilla, and flour tortilla, sauce (that tasted more like spagetti sauce than Mexican) and melted cheese. I added guac (a 2-3 oz. serving for $3) that at least made it somewhat edible. I had water (margs are way over-priced). Hope I don't have to go back soon..... In defense of the previous reviews... the chips and salsa was good and our friends had fried ice cream that was a beautiful presentation and they said it was good.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here numerous times..always fast service with a smile...always awesome food. They even sing badly for you if you are having a birthday party there! Always a fun time!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

This has to be our all time favorite place to eat. The food is so good. The free salsa and chips are so good...they say eat more...eat more. The prices are great and the portions are large. Be sure to try the Banana Burrito. The best dessert ever!!!!!