“This place is great!”

Dining options: Reservations
Oak Park, Illinois
“This place is great!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stumbled onto this place when driving through Charles City on our way to stay at the Frank Lloyd Wright Hotel in Mason City. The food was great! Pleasant service, and especially good mole sauce on the enchiladas I ordered. We'd definitely return!

• Visited March 2012

Charles City, Iowa
“Affordable, quick and good!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Priced right. Very fast and great service. The Pollo Loco and the Camarones Jalisco w/ flour Tortilla's are great entree's.

Charles City, Iowa, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food, fast service!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Plaza offers great food at very reasonable prices. The service is always prompt, polite, and professional. Great atmosphere for families too!

• Visited August 2011
Brooklyn Park
“Great burritos and enchiladas, avoid the salad.”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The complimentary chips at Plaza Mexico are served warm, and what a treat they are. The salsa was a little bland for my tastes, but that's because I love spicy food and it was toned down for American tastebuds. ;)
I had the chicken enchiladas with mole sauce, my husband had the triple enchilada plate, and our friends had the bean burrito and the shrimp salad.
My enchilada was delicious. The mole sauce was so perfectly balanced, and the shredded chicken filling was so juicy. It's the best mole sauce I've had in four years.
My husband's triple enchiladas looked and tasted great as well. He ordered two ground beef and one shredded beef enchilada. Both were tasty, and topped with lots of cheese. The humongous beef and bean burrito our friend ordered was really good, and it wasn't filled with beans and only a little beef like many other places have started doing these days. Once again, topped with cheese, and the sides of mexican rice and refried beans were great.
The one down side to this: the shrimp salad. Sad, sad salad. It was a big plateful of your typical cafeteria iceberg lettuce salad, topped with some sliced avocado and a small helping of sauteed shrimp. My friend who had ordered the salad said the shrimp didn't even taste that good, and it would have been the one redeeming quality of the salad. I just don't know what else to say, except, "Blah." Don't order the salad. Everything else on the table was great though. So I guess that means just stick with what they do best at Plaza Mexico: Mexican food!
Service here was very good as well. We never had an empty glass amongst the four of us, and chips and salsa just kept on coming. Overall a very good experience.

• Visited June 2011
Albany, New York
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have always been a long-time fan of Plaza and come here for food, or sometimes just for dessert and a drink. The staff is super friendly and accommodating for however you want to alter your meal. I always get prompt service and it's fun just to look over the huge selection of meals that I can choose from. The booths are comfortable with plenty of space in the seating area as I've never had to wait to be seated. The music and decorations add to the fun atmosphere. The food is always served hot (which I am a stickler about!). I would definitely recommend visiting this restaurant for Mexican food while in Charles City.