$83
$69
$96
$89
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Free cancellation until 07/28
$68
Priceline
$64
$55
All reviewssoda popstate parkprivate deckcoffee makertrading postair conditioningoff the highwaysaloonstovefutonhawsuitebeds
Reviewed October 21, 2014

Went back home for a HS reunion and decided to get a 'room' here with a friend I had not seen in 25 years. This was not a room, it was a house. Three bedrooms, a full size kitchen, dining room and living room and a large porch on it. This place is so cool. They are still working out a few kinks like location of electrical outlets, there are not many and some of the lights. Could use a few more things in the kitchen but otherwise the place is just CUTE!!!! The staff are so very nice and the price cannot be beat. It is country cabins so don't expect a Leowes or Kimpton level of decor - it is country glam camping, sit back relax and enjoy. I already booked one of the the little cabins (also so cute!!) for my boyfriend and me for a family reunion next summer. I also want to add, in Iowa beaches are on lakes...there is an Iowa beach at Red Haw State Park right across the highway.

Room Tip: We had the Tiki room (Iowa Style =-) it was quite large, we actually got our choice of rooms we liked this one the best because of the size.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
NickDeb C, Owner at Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Missy,
Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. The couple small items you mentioned have been addressed and corrected. We look forward to your next visit and have many more projects that will be completed by then to make your stay the best yet!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

What a wonderful place for our family reunion this past weekend! Our room (Camp Cheyenne) was huge with plenty of room for all of us. We swam in the State Park Lake, listened to great music at the Soda Pop Salon, played miniature golf, and enjoyed sitting on the porch while we visited with our family. Nic (the owner) even provided us with a campfire-in-a-can and marshmallows for our last night there! Our family group will definitely be going back!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
NickDeb C, Owner at Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Denise,
Thanks for the nice review. We really enjoyed your entire family and so glad you all had a great time. We are already looking forward to your next visit! It is so important that we provide the best stay possible so that people return not only to our business but to our community. It is a pleasure to work with others in the community like Thelma Saxton(your relative) and her husband and family that also draw hundreds of visitors to our town with their huge catering and events venue at Carpenter's Hall. It is so important after they have invested so much that the people they draw to town have a fantastic place to stay as well. We look forward to providing the best accommodations for those visiting our town.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I visited this place while passing through last summer. The owner was very friendly and showed my family around all the rooms. I was able to get back down there for a night and I am so glad we chose to stay here! We called a few days ahead, were offered a few options and we chose to book a cabin. I arrived in the afternoon, was promptly checked in and shown to the cabin. We were able to park right outside the cabin. Upon seeing the cabin, we were immediately happy we chose to stay here! It was clean, fresh, private, and cozy. There was a bathroom with a shower, small kitchen space, a seating area, a television, a comfy full-sized bed, and a loft bed above. The cabin had a small fridge, sink, coffee, and towels are provided for use.

After unpacking, we set out on foot and walked the trails around the property, quickly finding our way to one of the lakes. The cabin had a spacious porch with plenty of room to relax on. There were chairs, picnic tables, and fire rings available for use. That evening, we walked the short distance to the Soda Pop Saloon for dinner and dancing. This property is across from Red Haw State Park. On my next visit, I will make sure to spend more time here. The State Park was beautiful and offers plenty of access spots to the lake for fishing and swimming. The rooms that are available offer many options, from special celebrations to large family gatherings, and cabins if you want ultimate privacy. It was a wonderful, relaxing stay. We enjoyed every bit of it and appreciate the exceptional hospitality from the friendly owners. Do not pass the chance up to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Heather,
Thanks for your stay with us and the nice review! We look forward to your next visit and we are continually adding new things to do and will have RV sites soon as well as tent and tipi rental and sites. We are continuing to add more cabins so we will have an even better selection. The Frontier Trading Post and Soda Pop Saloon are always a hit with our visitors as well as the bait and tackle shop and the new mini-golf course. The best part of running our place is meeting people like you and providing the best stay so that you will return and "spread the word."

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My mom and I have been traveling around Iowa and stayed here a night--what a unique, friendly and neat place to stay! It's right off the highway with very nice grounds, fire rings available, picnic tables, and coin-op laundry on site. We stayed in cute little cabin with a loft bed up top, nice privacy curtains for the main bed, TV (I think they had wifi even), coffee, microwave/fridge, very clean. We've stayed at quite a few hotels around Iowa and this was definitely one of our most memorable stays. The only minor negative my mom had was that she's a light sleeper and we chose the cabin right next to the highway and near the train tracks so she woke up a couple times, she says she might have stayed in the other larger area if we stay again since it's further back from the highway. That being said, personally, I had zero problems getting a good nights sleep in the comfy beds--noise wasn't an issue for me at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
NickDeb C, Owner at Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Jenni,

Thanks for your stay with us. I am so happy that you and Mom had a nice time. We are approx. 2 miles from the nearest railroad tracks and we have both the BN and Rock Island rails pass through Chariton. We have 75-80 trains that pass through on any given day and you can hear them anywhere in the County on a nice quiet night. Our quiet country location you are more apt to hear the noises of wildlife, birds, owls and coyotes. With the State Park right across the highway and all the timber and lakes that surround us there are ample opportunities to hike and enjoy nature. We do have Wi-Fi throughout the property and take great pride in offering the nicest, cleanest and newest accommodations of any place in Southern Iowa. We look forward to your next visit and promise to continue to help you make memories that you will remember in the future.

Nick and Deb Cattell

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I read an article in the paper about this place. Seemed interesting, so I booked a room and went exploring Southern Iowa. This place used to be apartments, and before that I'm not sure. It has a history and the manager is happy to tell you about it and give you a tour of other rooms. He lives downstairs. For $100 for the night, I got a room that really was apartment-sized! It had 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. I'm not kidding. My room didn't have too much of a theme, but I was the only one there and it was quiet, so I didn't care. I would think when the other rooms are rented it would not be a quiet place to stay. There were three beds and one set of bunk beds. I couldn't decide where to sleep! The only thing I didn't like- there wasn't any coffee. Sad face. There was a full size fridge, a coffee maker (no coffee) an stove/oven, and a microwave, and a table. It is across the hiway from Red Haw State Park, which was a nice park. This place has a story, and they aren't done with their visualized dream yet. It would be a fun place to book for a family reunion or something where you know everyone. The rooms are huge, and they are decorated so fun! Check them out on the net. They also have campers on site you can book, with or without the rooms. There was cable TV BUT NO INTERNET.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
NickDeb C, Owner at Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Sherry, Thanks for your stay with us and we apologize for the "No Coffee" and it is now in all the rooms as well as very good Wi-Fi internet throughout the property. The building is very nice and quiet, even when full and we have beautiful trails down to the 80 acre lake that joins our property as well as trails through Red Haw State Park that you can access directly across from our drive. The dream is not yet done and we have added a couple nice log cabins and RV camping, tent sites and tipi rental is underway. Great shopping, entertainment and mini-golf right next door at the Frontier Trading Post. We are not your average run-of-the-mill motel and we strive to make your stay a memorable experience not just a night's stay in your average motel! Thanks again.