“Interesting, fun, different”
Review of Country Cabins

Country Cabins
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chariton
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I read an article in the paper about this place. Seemed interesting, so I booked a room and went exploring Southern Iowa. This place used to be apartments, and before that I'm not sure. It has a history and the manager is happy to tell you about it and give you a tour of other rooms. He lives downstairs. For $100 for the night, I got a room that really was apartment-sized! It had 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. I'm not kidding. My room didn't have too much of a theme, but I was the only one there and it was quiet, so I didn't care. I would think when the other rooms are rented it would not be a quiet place to stay. There were three beds and one set of bunk beds. I couldn't decide where to sleep! The only thing I didn't like- there wasn't any coffee. Sad face. There was a full size fridge, a coffee maker (no coffee) an stove/oven, and a microwave, and a table. It is across the hiway from Red Haw State Park, which was a nice park. This place has a story, and they aren't done with their visualized dream yet. It would be a fun place to book for a family reunion or something where you know everyone. The rooms are huge, and they are decorated so fun! Check them out on the net. They also have campers on site you can book, with or without the rooms. There was cable TV BUT NO INTERNET.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
NickDeb C, Owner at Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Sherry, Thanks for your stay with us and we apologize for the "No Coffee" and it is now in all the rooms as well as very good Wi-Fi internet throughout the property. The building is very nice and quiet, even when full and we have beautiful trails down to the 80 acre lake that joins our property as well as trails through Red Haw State Park that you can access directly across from our drive. The dream is not yet done and we have added a couple nice log cabins and RV camping, tent sites and tipi rental is underway. Great shopping, entertainment and mini-golf right next door at the Frontier Trading Post. We are not your average run-of-the-mill motel and we strive to make your stay a memorable experience not just a night's stay in your average motel! Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Country Cabins

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chariton
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Knoxville, IA
Indian Hills Inn
Indian Hills Inn
#1 of 1 in Albia
Red Carpet Motel - Knoxville

Been to Country Cabins? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Cabins

Address: 25119 US Highway 34, Chariton, IA 50049-7108
Location: United States > Iowa > Chariton
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chariton
Price Range: $68 - $156 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Country Cabins 2*
Nice boutique motel that offers singles, doubles, 2-3 bedroom suites, kitchenettes, cabins and RV sites. Quiet rural setting with shopping, trails, State park, lakes, golfing, fishing, entertainment all within walking distance. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Country Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Cabins Chariton, Iowa