Super 8 Centerville
Hotel Ottumwa(Ottumwa)
$63
$58
TripAdvisor
All reviewsinternet connectionroom was cleanhot waterother guestsoatmealdecorated for halloweentilerenovation
Reviewed October 18, 2009

We did not experience the mold problems, and the hotel was pretty clean. The wireless didn't work and the staff was unable to help. The room heat was very hard to control. The breakfast was the standard cold cereal, bread and fruit. All in all, it met my expectations except for the broken wireless connection.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a class reunion. Every one of my class mates and their spouses had the same complaint....the whole hotel smelled dank, musty and mildewed. We had to leave the windows open just to be able to breathe. I have asthma and allergies, and within 10 minutes of walking in the place, I knew that I was in trouble. By the time we checked out after staying two nights, I was already sick. Every one of my fellow classmates that stayed there had similar complaints, such as cough, stuffy head/nose, sore throats. My boyfriend NEVER gets sick, and even he had similar complaints before we left. It is a cesspool for mold, mildew and germs, and quite honestly, needs to be shut down until it is completely decontaminated.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

The very moment we walked into the room, it smelled strongly of mold and mildew. I called the front desk to ask for another room, it was a class reunion weekend, so everything was booked. They didn't apologize for the smell or offer anything to help with it. I asked for air freshner, they had me go to the front desk to get it. After talking with others that stayed there, we were in town for the class reunion as well, they have all complained of the same strong smell throughout. Apparently this hotel has had this issue for sometime. I have a friend who stayed there that had to go to the doctor as it brought on a asthma attack. I have a respiratory infection now myself and I wonder if it isn't related to the mold & mildew that was present. Turning on the AC or fan alone made the smell even worse in our room. Don't stay at this hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2005

I wasn't really dissapointed after spending 3 nights here. It was nothing special, but in the small town, it's a decent hotel to stay at. I've got a long list of complaints, but if it came down to it and I had to stay somewhere in Centerville again, I'd probably choose the Super 8.

I tried, and failed, many times to contact someone at the front desk my first night. I called and it rang and rang. I even attempted to dial through an outside line thinking they were avoiding my call. No answer. No one at the front desk at that time either. The few times I did manage to interact with the staff there I got the feeling that I was annoying them. The staff could have been a tad more friendly.

The showers I took would turn from scalding hot to freezing cold many many many times in the span of one shower. And I typically shower at night so I doubt there were many other people showering at the same time.

The internet connection is lacking.

The room I had reeked of stale cigarette smoke and being a smoker I have a big tolerance for that sort of thing.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business