“Moldy”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Centerville
Iowa
“Moldy”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The very moment we walked into the room, it smelled strongly of mold and mildew. I called the front desk to ask for another room, it was a class reunion weekend, so everything was booked. They didn't apologize for the smell or offer anything to help with it. I asked for air freshner, they had me go to the front desk to get it. After talking with others that stayed there, we were in town for the class reunion as well, they have all complained of the same strong smell throughout. Apparently this hotel has had this issue for sometime. I have a friend who stayed there that had to go to the doctor as it brought on a asthma attack. I have a respiratory infection now myself and I wonder if it isn't related to the mold & mildew that was present. Turning on the AC or fan alone made the smell even worse in our room. Don't stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 8, 2005

I wasn't really dissapointed after spending 3 nights here. It was nothing special, but in the small town, it's a decent hotel to stay at. I've got a long list of complaints, but if it came down to it and I had to stay somewhere in Centerville again, I'd probably choose the Super 8.

I tried, and failed, many times to contact someone at the front desk my first night. I called and it rang and rang. I even attempted to dial through an outside line thinking they were avoiding my call. No answer. No one at the front desk at that time either. The few times I did manage to interact with the staff there I got the feeling that I was annoying them. The staff could have been a tad more friendly.

The showers I took would turn from scalding hot to freezing cold many many many times in the span of one shower. And I typically shower at night so I doubt there were many other people showering at the same time.

The internet connection is lacking.

The room I had reeked of stale cigarette smoke and being a smoker I have a big tolerance for that sort of thing.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank PickyTravelerMN

Travelers are raving about these Centerville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Motel 60 and Villa
Honey Creek Resort State Park
Indian Hills Inn
Indian Hills Inn
#1 of 1 in Albia

Been to Super 8 Centerville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Centerville

Property: Super 8 Centerville
Address: 1021 North 18th Hwy 5 North, 3/4 Mile N of Jct Hwys 2 & 5, Centerville, IA 52544
Location: United States > Iowa > Centerville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Centerville
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Centerville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Centerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Centerville