“very pleasant stay”

Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Special thanks to Toni, Kate and manager Cheryl for making the stay comfortable. Customer service at its finest. April 23,2014. the room is very clean, bathroom clean. Cheryl is an excellent manager, she works well with the staff. All were willing to help

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear John D,

I will make sure to share your comments with Toni, Cate, and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Our goal is to be clean, safe, comfortable, and economical for travelers, such as yourself. We are happy to know from your review we are meeting your needs which is our goal.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed in the Red Roof In.In Cedar Rapids on several. Occasion and the Manager Mrs.Cheryl and her staff or the nicest folks that can every meet they always have a smile on their faces when you meet them and they do can to make your stay there as comfortable as as they can I'm a truck driver and every time I make it to Cedar Rapids The Red Roof In.Is the first place I to get a room and to meet the staff that always got a smile on their face.Carver York April 6,2014

• Stayed: April 2014
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Carver,

We realize that with your profession, we don't get to see you as often as we would like. Please know that you are always welcome here at the Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids. Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your stays with us at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof. It is always a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Our goal is to be clean, safe, comfortable, and economical for travelers, such as yourself. We are happy to know from your review we are meeting your needs which is our goal.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is the kind of service you would find in a five star hotel. They are making changes all of the time. I understand they just redid the rooms and added hardwood floors. The flat screen TV's are a nice upgrade too. I would recommend anyone stay here and give them a try. I think that you will see that this is truly one of the best places to stay in cedar rapids Iowa.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JAY W

Dear Jay,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel. We are so glad that you like the renovations! The flat screen TV's and the extra outlet cube with 3 standard outlets and 2 USB seem to really be the items that are most popular.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the red roof inn in cedar rapids iowa was one of the best hotels I have stayed at .
They treat people like they are family . Relaxed and stress free ....... I will be coming back soon!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Kain,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here because I was training for a job. My company paid for half and I paid for the other half. Lodging opened up at the training area, so I paid the other half and elected to stay here. I am so glad I made the choice to stay with my own money. Well worth every penny. This is the kind of service you would find in a five star hotel. They are making changes all of the time. I understand they just redid the rooms and added hardwood floors. The flat screen TV's are a nice upgrade too. They are getting ready to replace some of the carpet in the hall way. It's nice to see them keep up with building by making changes. The staff was the nicest and very helpful. They took care of all my needs. I would recommend anyone stay here and give them a try. I think that you will see that this is truly a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Brian L

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in future travels. Best of luck with your new career!

Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Outstanding would be an understatment when describing the service I received at this hotel.
Charles as very helpful and courteous helping an older couple get get settled in by helping them with their luggage. I patiently waited for Charles while he was helping them, in awe of his kind and helpful nature. Because of this I will most surely stay here again.

Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Angelsmiths,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with Charles, and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Guest safety and security is priority one here. Be it caring luggage or dropping ice melt. We happily will do so.

Best of luck to you, and see you in your future travels!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is clean and housekeeping is so good. The front desk staff is trashy not in uniform has on stocking and hats on.they even sit in a chair when checking u in so unprofessional. Lynn looks vary nice in her uniform what red roof staff should look like maybe some people need to look at her and see what you should look like working at a hotel not a trashy like trashy people. They will even be on the phone when checking u in this place needs new front desk staff the boss must not care about anything.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sarahashely
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Sarah Ashely,

Thank you for your compliment of Lynn. Please know that the second and third shift in economy hotels such as this one, the front desk staff must be a jack of all trades. As the grounds keeper, maintenance, and housekeeping have went home for the day. The day shift staff has all departments on shift. Only the luxury hotels have housekeeping, maintenance, and grounds on staff 24 hours per day. The second and third shift desk staff in an economy hotel, are responsible for much more. Including but not limited to taking reservations, and check in and out of guests, to plunge toilets, replace batteries, and assist guests , no matter how trivial it may seem to an observer. The front desk staff must also be the enforcer of hotel policies, such as preventing or evicting people attempting to smoke in nonsmoking rooms. They must be able to multitask. The telephone must be answered in 3 rings or less regardless of what task is at hand at that time. But that goes for any good business. Thank you for noticing that the staff here answers the phone promptly at this hotel. Reservations must be taken in a proper fashion. What has become known as “text type” for unprofessional and improper spelling and grammar is not acceptable. It takes only a second more, to type “for” instead of “4”, or “you” instead of “u”, it must be done professionally and correct at all times.

Front desk staff in the evening and overnight, are also responsible for guest safety. For this reason they must spread the ice melt. When it snows, or more recently the melting snow will freeze into ice in the evenings and over night. To insure the safety of our guests, this will always continue to be a priority in the cold season. With the Iowa cold, of very low temperatures, you will often find the desk staff of any economy hotel wearing some of their outside wear. As they must be ever vigilant in treating any moisture before it becomes ice. We would never want anyone to suffer any pain or injury for something we could prevent by just donning our warmer clothing and braving out to spread ice melt, or shovel walks if needed. The safety and security of our guests will always be a top priority.

The flat screen monitors are not such a great item for tall individuals such as this staff with the way the front desk is situated. Most of this front desk staff, are well over six feet tall. Unfortunately they cannot read the screen at that angle. It was causing back and knee problems for the taller staff. Being in a bent or hunched over position, or on their knees to operate the computer. We never want force our staff to do something that would injure them. According to OSHA, if we can make an accommodation for the staff to prevent an injury, we are required to do so. Until our lobby renovation, we will be required to have a stool in place for the taller staff. After the renovation, If the new front desk is too tall for the shorter staff, we will have to have a step up stool in place for them, as OSHA requires. Safety of our staff is as important as the safety of our guests.