All reviewsdesk clerk was friendly and helpfulfairfield inndog showbusiness tripcherylcarpet
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids is not a luxury hotel by any stretch of imagination -- the building has an old and tired look and feel, but the bed was comfortable, the staff was fine, and the price was right. For those who don't have a mobile device for accessing the internet, there are a couple of computers in the lobby area. The continental breakfast left somewhat to be desired, but there is a Perkins nearby. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the Western end of the building because that is the furthest from the freeway, so probably quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Arlene S.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor Survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and your pets in your future travels.

Cheryl Du Charme\

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I came to town for a concert and didn't arrive to the hotel until well after midnight. The staff was very nice and accommodating with all of my questions about directions in the morning. The room met all of my expectations and more. It was clean and the bathroom had a hair dryer. The low price is what drew me there and was located amongst others and restaurants. Right off of the interstate on the south side of Cedar Rapids. Would highly recommend for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Did not eat there b/c I slept in and had I had no room service
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear concert13

Cheryl Du Charme

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I chose red roof inn, because they accepted animals in the rooms, which is great and convenient, my boyfriend and I were relocating from Florida to Minnesota, and this was the second Red roof Inn that we stayed at on our trip. Room was clean and cozy, within walking distance you will find a gas station and burger king, so no hassle of getting into the car to find even the small necessity.
Large grassy area in front of hotel is great, but watch for the rabbits, my dog is a chaser and it came as a surprise to me when she tugged to run after something i hadn't even noticed.
check out is later that most hotels too, which is great.
The only item i didn't find in the room was a small refrigerator, which would have been nice to cool drinks down for the road.
Overall, If i ever go back to visit Cedar Rapids, I will def stay at this Red Roof Inn
Ps. Front desk lady was very friendly and helpful, and directed me to many restaurants in the area. The service she provides was 5 Star

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheryl D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review! We strive for customer satisfaction. We want to make all our guests, whether they have 2 legs or 4 feel comfortable and at home in our hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof. We do have rooms with refrigerators and microwaves available on request. In your future stays, we will get you the amenities you need.

Cheryl Du Charme,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was Stop #5 on my move to relocate. Traveling from Northern Maine my dog and I both found the weather to just too hot especially after the A/C in the car stopped working. Upon our arrival at Red Roof Inn in Cedar Rapids, IowaI found the motel staff to be just so friendly and accommodating, they gave me 2 bottles of ice cold water after hearing how sick my dog was getting from the heat they also gave her (my dog) a milk bone then they gave me an assortment of brochures of local restaurants willing to make deliveries.. the BEST part is the front desk staff even issued me an ethernet cable to make for a quicker Wi-Fi connections (saving me tons of stress tapping my toes and fingers just waiting.)

The motel room was ok, not so with the carpet as it needed shampooing, the rest of the room was very clean, the parking lot is well lit at night, Area gas stations and restaurants are easy accessed. Also if you have you dog with you there is a big area of grass to exercise your dog directly in front of the motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Cheryl Du Charme\

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Came for a dockdogs competition and picked this hotel because of the good reviews, good value and free pets. we had 3 labs with us. Room was nicely remodeled with laminate floors. pool was clean and quiet. we enjoyed our stay and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. the manager even overheard us concerned about our dogs pads on the hot black top at our event site and told us that they had just remodeled and had rolls of carpet we could take and use. everyone at our event was very thankful for that!!! stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Cheryl D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cedar Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Triniesu,

Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review! We strive for customer satisfaction. We loved having the Dock Dogs stay with us. We want to make all our guests, whether they have 2 legs or 4 feel comfortable and at home in our hotel. We were only too happy to be able to help your dogs be safe and comfortable at the hotel as well as at their event. We are glad that the carpeting found it self a good use!! What a great way to recycle and keep the dogs safe.

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cedar Rapids Red Roof. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and the Dock Dogs in the future.

Cheryl Du Charme,