Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
boulder, co
“Great value”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This property has a lot going for it, most importantly, clean and comfortable rooms; I slept great! The staff is helpful and the breakfast is good and available at 4 am till either 9:30 or 10:30 on weekends! The pool is small, but there is also a hot tub and decent exercise room. The delicious cookies available at the front desk add to the homey feel. I'd stay here again as you can tell this is a well run hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor nice and quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Debra K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Country Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport. I appreciate your comment and hope the next time your travels bring you to our area we will be your preferred lodging choice for your overnight neeeds.
Debra Kendall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I spent two nights in one hotel room at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Cedar Rapids, IA with my boyfriend on June 7th & 8th. I had originally made a reservation for one night under my credit card. The hotel charged both one night on my credit card and two nights on my boyfriend’s credit card. We paid a total of $341.60 for our stay which should have been $230.72.
I called the hotel and left messages for the general manager, Debra Kendall, three times (June 12th at 11:23am, June 13th at 3:09pm, and June 19th at 3:53pm). She never returned any of my calls. My boyfriend called the hotel was able to speak with Debra who told him she would need my credit card number before she removed one of the night charges off of his account. I called her within minutes of him speaking with her and she did not answer or call me back. I then spoke with John McLaughlin who said that he would look into the situation and give me a call. After over a week had passed and he did not call me back I called him. He said that while his records showed that my card was used to pay for another hotel room for one of the wedding guests in our block, but unless I could get that person to call in and pay for the room, he would not take the charge off of my credit card. My boyfriend called to see if he could correct the situation and John said he would take care of it. After over two weeks when he had not heard back from him, my boyfriend called again and John said that he would not remove one of the night's charges unless he could insure that they could charge the amount to another. We were constantly told that the situation would be resolved on their end, but months has passed we did not seen any results. I then contacted my credit card company, but because of the amount of time that had passed they could not do anything on their part. Debra Kendall and John McLaughlin both admitted that the hotel wrongfully charged us, but never corrected the situation.

I definitely do not think that it is right for a hotel to do this to their guests and people should know that the management at this hotel fixes mistakes made on their end by letting their customers pay for them.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristie C
Debra K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the inconvienence his has caused you. I would like to remedy the situation. Clearly there was an issue and I apologze for the lack of response on our end. I appreciate your comments and would like to remedy this situation for you. Again, my apologies for the problems you experienced. I would be happy talk to you to to resolve the situation. I can be reached at 319-363-3789.
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my spontaneous stay here due to a cancelled flight. The staff went out of their way to help me out, even taking me by a restaurant in the airport shuttle. I enjoyed the hot tub and pool and the breakfast was very good too. There are no restaurants or shopping nearby but they took me out by the shuttle.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Country Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport. We appreciate your business and hope the next time your travels bring you to our area we will be your lodging choice.
Atlanta
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was a wonderful little gem of a hotel with amazing front desk staff. I've stayed here once before but forgot how charming this little hotel was. The hotel is conveniently located just off of I-380 and less than a mile from the Eastern Iowa Airport. They also offer shuttle service to the airport and downtown shopping areas. I had booked just a regular room through a discount travel site, not really caring where I would stay while in Cedar Rapids. When I found that it was the Country Inn & Suites, I called as requested to pay the difference to be upgraded to a suite. The hotel was accommodating an went above and beyond what they could to fulfill my request. The rooms were clean, the sheets were white and the bed slept like a dream. The breakfast, which starts at 4:00 am so they can feel people catching early morning flights, was great. For the price, this was an amazing hotel that I had forgotten about. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Urbandale
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I arrived to stay for 2 nights. I also made a reservation for my daughter & her family for 1 night. We all enjoyed the location as it was only 5-10 minutes to Kirkwood Comm College Recreation Ctr where the Iowa stae gymnastics meet was being held. The staff was very helpful when we asked for directions & recommendaions for restaurants. Their directions were easy to follow. I was in a 2 room king suite which was perfect for me and great when the grandkids came in to visit. My daughter & family were in a 2-queen room that they loved especially because of the refrig and microwave. There was an A & W and a McDonalds right by the hotel but it was only a short drive to many other sit down restaurants. It was fairly close to Cedar Rapids downtown, Iowa City, & Coralville (Coral Ridge Mall). The service was great; everyone was very helpful & friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Enfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I missed my flight and had to stay near with airport and was pleasantly surprised as I usually stay at Marriott chains. Very friendly and gave me a distressed traveler rate with an upgrade in my accommodations. For the price, it was a very good experience and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
arnolds park
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is near the airport, the south east area of Cedar Rapids, so if you're there and want limited drive time this may not be your best option. That being said, the rooms are very spacious, extremely clean and updated decor. Staff was fantastic and very accommodating! The breakfast has many hot/cold items to select from. The wireless internet was iffy, but I was also in an end of the hall room.
All in all, I will choose clean over location any day and will always make this hotel my 1st choice when in the CR area!

• Stayed November 2013