“Close to lots of things to do”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I arrived to stay for 2 nights. I also made a reservation for my daughter & her family for 1 night. We all enjoyed the location as it was only 5-10 minutes to Kirkwood Comm College Recreation Ctr where the Iowa stae gymnastics meet was being held. The staff was very helpful when we asked for directions & recommendaions for restaurants. Their directions were easy to follow. I was in a 2 room king suite which was perfect for me and great when the grandkids came in to visit. My daughter & family were in a 2-queen room that they loved especially because of the refrig and microwave. There was an A & W and a McDonalds right by the hotel but it was only a short drive to many other sit down restaurants. It was fairly close to Cedar Rapids downtown, Iowa City, & Coralville (Coral Ridge Mall). The service was great; everyone was very helpful & friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I missed my flight and had to stay near with airport and was pleasantly surprised as I usually stay at Marriott chains. Very friendly and gave me a distressed traveler rate with an upgrade in my accommodations. For the price, it was a very good experience and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is near the airport, the south east area of Cedar Rapids, so if you're there and want limited drive time this may not be your best option. That being said, the rooms are very spacious, extremely clean and updated decor. Staff was fantastic and very accommodating! The breakfast has many hot/cold items to select from. The wireless internet was iffy, but I was also in an end of the hall room.
All in all, I will choose clean over location any day and will always make this hotel my 1st choice when in the CR area!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank simonsays85
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here in November 2013. Check in was smooth. Room was very clean. Lots of conveniences, good sized coffee maker, refridge and microwave. Quiet nights rest in a comfortable bed. I was dropped off, so I didnt have a car til the morning. I ordered pizza from Caseys, which was next door. When I walked over there, I learned that I had actually ordered it from the Caseys at the truck stop, a short drive away; the Caseys next door had a Burger King inside, but no pizza shop. I didn't feel save walking to the highway offramp because of traffic, so I was a bit stuck. I remembered the hotel had a shuttle, so I went back and asked. It was no problem; drove me over and waited while I secured my dinner. I can see that the shuttle would be great for those that are flying in or out, too.

The only reason this review was not five stars is that this is a value hotel and not meant to compete with a higher end, 5 star hotel. The table and the dresser was a bit tired, but everything else--the stuff that counts--was great.

I will book again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Country Inn & Suites is a breath of fresh air to what one might expect in a heavily traveled airport adjacent to the airport. We stayed here the night prior to the Kirkwood College TGIF experience for high school students.

This hotel was clean, well maintained, with fast & friendly service, a good assortment for breakfast and strong coffee. I get really picky about beds, sheets, blankets and pillows and was comforted to find sparkling white sheets, fluffy fresh pillows instead of tired, flat or lumpy:) A puffy duvet comforter enveloped in sheets was just right. A huge TV and unexpected microwave and fridge completed the room. Everything was clean including carpet- no stains or fuzzy dust near the baseboards.

This will be my choice for travel in/out of airport and adjacent to Kirkwood. Country Inn & Suites fulfills beautifully!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was on my way from Mn to Missouri and they recommended me this Hotel for been a step away from the 27S and an easy to jump in and out.
I recommend it 100%, didnt have a reservation and the ladies at the door welcome me and made me feel like at Home!! The romos are very nice , comfortable bed, nice tv, fast internet and very well served breakfast. ( careful...from 4am to 9am so dont over sleep)
The hotel its all clean, no smoking signs and good parking lot. It has a shuttle if u are coming from the airport that you can arrange for them to pick and drop u off.
Nice nice nice!!! and has a pool!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My sister and I spent a night here before our early flight out of the Cedar Rapids airport. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. They provided us with free long term parking while we were away on our trip and their shuttle service took us to and from the airport. We left too early to have breakfast, but they did have some things available 24 hours a day..juice, coffee, yogurt etc. The location probably isn't great if you're in town to shop or sight see, but if all you need is an overnight before an early flight, it's awesome! Very close to the Cedar Rapids airport!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family