and 1 more site!
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Well Done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Best price in the area and more than a decent value - would stay here for a week if I had to. Friendly staff and clean facilities - no complaints on this property. Location is a challenge for restaurants and delivery services - it's close to CID but not to anything else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the night at Country Inn & Suites - Cedar Rapids Airport. I was a littley worried because of some of the reviews I had read. I'm glad we didn't change our minds. Now keep in mind this is not some 5 stars hotel but I was impressed with it as it was. One of my main concerns on a hotel is that it is clean. This hotel is clean. Its nice and kind of homey feeling. The clerks at the desk were very nice and helpful. There are a lot of choices to have with the free breakfast. We didn't use the pool or the hot tub, but I did look at them and they looked nice. One thing I noticed that I have not seen in any other hotel is they have made the pool and hot tub accessible for individuals who need assistance from a wheel chair or such. That impressed me. It is close to the airport and the free shuttle makes it worthwhile. One of the reviews I read was about places to eat around this hotel. Yes, there are not a lot of choices, you have A&W inside a convenience store and a McDonalds. However, there were a handful of places that will deliver to the hotel. Mainly pizza and chinese, so that made it pretty easy for us since we didn't have a car and didn't want A&W or McDonalds. There are tons of places to eat if you have a car and want to venture just a few miles down the road. If you ask at the front desk, they will provide you with a paper with all of the restraurants, address and phone number. Like I said, they were very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honeyb90
Hastings, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was a random choice, a quick decision based only on our perception of the quality and reputation of this hotel chain. We were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and friendly, professional staff. It was spacious with a pool, hot tub and small gym. The free daily breakfast was most surprising...waffles, omelettes, oatmeal, eggs, fruit, toast, pastry, good coffee and more. We only stayed one night but could have stayed much longer had it been needed. It is very close to the airport but not noisy. We drove over to the Amana colonies which were approximately 6 miles down some lovely country roads. A pleasant surprise and a great price.

Room Tip: It is a ways from down town...about 10 miles. The Amana colonies has so much or offer for families...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Big plus for this place.. Breakfast starts at 4AM.. This is nice, especially if you have a 6-630 departure. Free shuttle every 15 mins. Nice quiet place.. Kickin hot tub. Pool actually warm. The breakfast is generous and well prepared also. I will stay here everytime I need a place in Cedar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am not a huge Country Inn and Suites fan, however this specific location was okay in a pinch. It was within a mile of the airport and they offered free shuttle service to and from. The rooms were clean although the carpet could have used a good scrubbing. The sheets were white and the beds were fairly comfortable. The breakfast provided was... adequate, but nothing to write home about. I enjoyed having coffee available 24/7 in the lobby area. Overall, an okay place to stay when you need somewhere close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed 1 night to catch early flight and avoid snow storm. Right next to airport. Room was clean and fairly new. Bed was comfortable. Free breakfast was adequate. The pool/hot tub is in next room and eating area had strong chlorine smell. Staff were friendly and helpful. Coffee etc available 24/7 in lobby plus small coffeemaker in room. Got a great rate on Hotwire. Free parking-----airport shuttle---free breakfast were in Hotwire add, However, when we checked in, we had to pay $15 for the "park & ride". That was still cheaper than the $5 per day at airport. I think their normal price would include the fee but since it was Hotwire we had to pay separately...not a deal-breaker.
Got business card from shuttle driver with phone number to call when we landed, She was there in 10 minutes. Super nice drivers. There is an A&W /Casey's next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Dodge, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My trip here was during the December 2012 Iowa blizzard. We taught two days of continuing education classes here on the Thursday and Friday of the storm. We warned all of our clients that the storm was coming in and that they should try and drive to the classes early and stay instead. The staff worked double time to make sure all of our clients that wanted a room got a room. We got no complaints from any of our clients. And the hotel did sell out when it was all said and done. After they sold out, they were even were trying to track other available rooms in the area for the last minute straglers coming throughthe door looking for place to ride out the blizzard. Things they really didn't have to do, but did anyway.

So all of us arrived Wednesday night while it didn't do much and tried to rain wondering if this blizzard was going to take place. We were not disapointed. Most of us chipped in and had Hy-Vee brave things to bring us lunch. With the storm we knew it would be cold by the time they got it to us and we weren't disapointed. But we were warm and dry inside with the storm going on outside. We closed the drapes and got to ignore the storm.

So this site, like the vast majority of Country Inn and Suites doesn't have an attached resturant. Lincoln, Nebraska is one of the few that have an attached restuarnt. Because it doesn't have an attached resturant, we're allowed to cater in outside food to the meeting room. If you've ever paid for hotel catering, you'll understand that can be a big deal.

This hotel is on the south side near the airport and there isn't much down that way yet. But it is the closest place near the Cedar Rapids Airport. And several people staying there were taking advantage of their park and ride package. It is an area of town that is still being developed. So for now you're going to drive a bit to get to a decent resturant or put up with the A & W or the McDonald's near by. But most people are staying because of the airport being so close. And I would think that the restuarant thing will change eventually with the airport right there and I-380 being right there as well.

The pool is not very big, but it is heated and wet. Several of the clients thought the hot tub was perfect with the storm blowing outside.

The meeting room is fairly good sized. Larger than what you may have seen at other hotels of this chain. It does have some temperature and comfort challeges. It apears to be a duct work design issue that isn't going away. But one look outside and everything seems just fine. We picked up MIB 3 and Green Lantern at Sam's Club on the way in and my son and I had a movie night both nights with one of my computers and the projector and my extra set of speakers. No, we didn't have any popcorn. You can't have it all - besides I'm on a low carb diet. But gee, there are those cookies they always have at the front desk!

The front desk service is top notch. Over the course of the stay we dealt with most of their staff - no complaints on any of them.

Breakfast was ok. I travel a bunch and the food service products that are being sold to all hotels seem to be going downhill. So it can get old after a while. But it was ok.

The room was pretty quiet. I don't think the walls quite were designed to keep the neighbors from hearing a couple of little kids that were being forced to spend several days stuck in a hotel room. There was a really nice family that was stuck next door waiting for the airport to open back up because it was closed due to the blizzard. They had two great little kids that were being asked way too much to be stuck in just a hotel room for a couple of days while the storm blew past. Mom and Dad made the best of a not-so-good situation. They did their best to keep a smile on the whole time. But they looked like they were ready leave when they finally could as well.

I should have offered my 14 year old son that was with me as a babysitter for a couple of hours so the two of them could have at least sat in the hot tub by themselves for a break. Hotels have no control over weather, and neither do parents. I have seven kids (20yrs to 6yrs) - so I get that. If they read this, I hope they'll forgive me for not at least offering.

We've been to this site before. And we'll more-than-likely be back when we're having classes in the area again. It is for the most part a standard Country Inn and Suites but with a larger meeting room than most as I stated earlier. If you like this chain, you'll like this site. If you like Super 8, you'll wonder why anyone would pay this much for a room. I don't really care for Super 8.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business