“OK for an overbite stop”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Booked this hotel direct. It is out in the middle of nowhere. (it's Iowa, right?). The room was clean and quiet. The only restaurants nearby are an A&W (stay away), a Macdonald's, and Iowa's ever present Casey's c-stores. Hotel staff was helpful and courteous. The duvet on the bed was heavy and way too warm for early fall. There is nothing lighter than the duvet, except the bed sheet, which is way too light. Hard to get a good night' sleep when you are alternately too warm and then too cold.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2012

1 night on hotwire for $45 . very close to airport and interstate . Small Indoor pool and hot tub . excellant Breakfast with a variety of hot items .This was likley not built as a CS as it is not their normal style . More of a high level Super 8 construction . Better than average lobby area

Room size was average . Staff pleasent

No problems

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Without a doubt on the list of my worst stays ever. Horrible smell in the rooms, lumpy bed which was actually DAMP! It was not a great stay, especially after just spending three days in Dubuque's hotel Julian. Maybe the bar was set too high.
It's 3:38am and I'm patiently waiting to get outta here and on my flight do I can get some sleep.
Oh did I mention the sound of your neighbors next door and above sounding like they are stomping through your room? Ugh

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Gknarr
Debra K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Rapids Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Gknarr,
I apologize for your less than satisfacotry stay stay with us. I appreciate your comments and concerns regarding the noise and dampness. Please feel free to contact me so we can discuss your situation. I would be happy to see if we can sork something out to resolve your less than satisfacotry stay with us. Unfortunately with the long hot summer the air conditioner units have been running constantly. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.
Debra Kendall
319-363-3789

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We booked this hotel through priceline. Our room was on the second floor. There were no cleanliness issues or bugs, but there was such an overwhelming mildew smell that we bought a cheap air freshner and left it out during our stay. Pool and hot tub were nice, breakfast was fine. Front desk staff were polite but we often had to wait around for someone to show up to help us. Overall just okay. Would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Kayte W.
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor regarding the Country Inn and Suites in Cedar Rapids IA. I wanted to let you know we have some upcoming projects for the hotel that we are excited about. We will be installing new carpet, drapes and flat screen TV's within the next 60 days. I hope when your travels bring you to the Cedar Rapids area you will give us another try!
Debra Kendall

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed two nights. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The only problem was that I had hoped for a fridge and microwave. Breakfast included waffles, eggs, pastries, etc. Hot tub was nice. There was a comfortable seating area in the lobby that included a book shelf with books that could be borrowed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here one night with my adult daughter, after being hung up on when trying to make a reservation! I called back and the same guy finally got me booked. Anyway, we got upgraded to a king suite, which was nice, but the room itself was not clean...crumbs and lint, etc., around every baseboard, and I counted 5 hairs on the floor of the bathroom. The shower had something on the walls, like dirty water drops, I'm not sure. The furniture is worn (cigarette burn on the duvet cover) but serviceable, and the bed and pillows were comfortable. Business center computer not working. Housekeeping person on our floor was eating something as she walked down the hall..(is this where the crumbs come from??) and the attendant at the breakfast buffet had a filthy uniform (yuck!). Even with all these negatives, we did get a good night's sleep, and it was fairly quiet in the hotel for a weekend. We will stay somewhere else the next time we're in Cedar Rapids.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed here while in town on business, close to airport. AM staff was very friendly and helpful. No restaurants around but Mgr. said shuttle would drive me anywhere I wanted to go. A big plus. Shuttle service is from 5am-8pm. Rooms are nice but could use some behind and under cleaning. Rooms are big, beds are comfortable just a little outdated. TV's need updating too. Breakfast is good, social hour is only a couple nights a week with beer and snacks. Nice stay and AM staff was great.,

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business