“Pretty good food, great service”

Papa Juan's Stefanos
Ranked #102 of 404 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: Mexican, Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Plainwell, Michigan
“Pretty good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Okay, I was confused when I first arrived. I thought I was going to Papa Juan's, but the menu was Stefano's side up (Italian food) but I figured it out. I ate at Papa Juan's twice during my stay in Cedar Rapids. I really liked the "build it yourself" option - where you can choose a burrito, enchilada, etc. - the meat, cheese and veggie - and their queso dip was great, too. Good frozen strawberry margarita.

The staff were attentive, even though it was significantly busier on my second visit (the first day was during a huge blizzard, so there weren't many people there).

Warning: the black beans have bacon in them (some vegetarian will probably get upset some day.) However, I think everything is better with bacon, and this was no exception.

• Visited March 2013

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Friday evening meal,, the resturant part is pretty full,, so we are seated in the booths by the Bar,, our waitress,, really had a very hard time speaking English,,When we recieved our food,, I right away could smell somthing not quite right,, the rice was BAD,, I mean,, spoiled, BAD,, smelled like garbage,, REALLY,, Years ago I was a cook at Papa Jauns,, I know what thier rice smells like, and this was BAD,, I sent it back, of course,, recieveing a replacement of mixed veg? really,,, I will not be returning,,, That night I saw alot of people drinking the margs, and eating the rice,, and I thought ( when they wake up in the morning sick,, they are gonna blame the margs)

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lori b
Wisconsin
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Super strong margaritas, the Mexican food was fabulous. The chips and salsa were great. We also ordered the queso dip and that was SOOO good! I had the tacos and they were really good. The server was good even though she was incredibly busy. Great place! I'd love to go back!

Visited August 2012
St. Louis, MO
“Just give the customers the bottle while you're at it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Drinks are so overprepared with alcohol (yes, there is such a thing as too much) they were not consumable.

Visited May 2012