The hotel room itself was clean. We appreciated the flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. The room itself was sufficient; bathroom was very small. The pillows were small and two side-by-side did not span the entire width of the bed. The bed and pillows were terribly soft so both my husband and I woke up with terrible backaches. Pricing was a bit high for this basic queen room. Service was what you would expect, but nothing beyond, though we didn't have any special needs. We rented this room largely based on internet representations. A big part of that was high ratings for the on-site restaurant, as avoiding additional travel to eat was appealing to us. The food was very poor. We were told we could order dinner in any of three locations. We were not told that salad bar was only available at one location and at the most remote location, where we originally went to dine, the food was brought from the kitchen located some distance away. So we went back to the main dining area. There were customers at only one other table. The server was pleasant and took our order. She told us one of the sides was steamed vegetables. I asked her to check if they were fresh or frozen (she didn't know). After her inquiry, she told me they were frozen (which means it is highly unlikely they would be "steamed" at all), so I orderd the baked potato. We went to the salad bar and had barely started on our salad plates when our entire dinner was served. Based on the time between submitting and receiving our order, there is absolutely no way the food was prepared fresh. It was clear that everything from the entrée to the sides had been prepared in advance (who knows how long) and heated in a microwave. Prime rib was advertised to have a horseradish sauce that wasn't present. The beef brisket appeared to be a purchased frozen beef sandwich meet served in a pile. For the pricing structure, we expected cook-to-order and were very disappointed. Because the food was served before we barely had a chance to touch our salad plates, we were eating the dinner and salad simultaneously, resulting in our entrees getting cold. Then to cap off our dining experience, the server (who by then had only our table to serve yet had at least another 90 minutes left of posted restaurant hours) comes while we are still eating our salad and entrée to ask if we want to have dessert and then provides our bill for payment. She then proceeded into an alcove I presume leads to the kitchen where she spent the rest of our meal engrossed in conversation with another server and the cook. Clearly her objective was getting done with us so she could socialize. The pace of our meal was rushed and not satisfactory. She never returned to our table to check again on beverages or satisfaction with the meal. We were very unimpressed. We also were led to believe from online descriptions of the hotel that there was karaoke, when instead there was a rather subdued jazz band performing from 7-11 in the main bar and insisting that all other "distractions" like bar signs, juke box and televisions be turned off. Drinks were overpriced and except for the bloody mary and bottled beverages, they were small and not very well mixed. The night manager was a lot of fun, but the bar ambience was too geriatric for our taste. There were no happy hour options or drink specials. Overall it was not an inviting enough experience to make us feel like there is reason to return again. We expected much more based on review of other ratings for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- -106 Guest Rooms -Complimentary Internet -Complimentary Hot Breakfast -Complimentary 8,000 sf Gym -Indoor Pool, Whirlpool, & Sauna -Fridge & Microwave in every room -Complimentary Parking -Longbranch Restaurant & Lounge -Grand Ballroom seats up to 450 -Walking Distance to Shopping , Coffee Shops, and Entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel Cedar Rapids
- Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel And Convention Center
- Best Western Cedar Rapids
- Cedar Rapids Best Western