“Blustery arrival; warm inside”

Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Windy, cold outside and a warm greeting. Room clean, bed comfy and the internet service worked well. Easy to establish. Free breakfast, nice, just average... however, friendly, engaging staff on site.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to respond to the Tripadvisor survey. I'm glad you were able to experience what truly sets us apart from the rest, our staff. From check in, to the room attendants and the restaurant staff, we all truly enjoy our guests and want to make them feel at home. I hope if you are in the Cedar Rapids area again you will stay with us and bring some warmer weather. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very clean, reasonable and nice accomodations for families. Pool table, pool and bar nearby. I was very happy with the service. It is located near some nice restaurants but we ate at the Longbranch and the food was very good! Again reasonable, actually very reasonable. The staff was polite and very welcoming. It is going to be our weekend getaway in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Boonie, Thank you for being a valued Best Western Rewards member and for your participation in the Summer Promotion. I'm glad you chose to use your free night voucher at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer such as the pool, atrium, game area and Longbranch Restaurant. I appreciate your taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is an excellent place to stay and/or utilize their conference rooms. I work for Rockwell Collins and have utilized various conference rooms. Everything is always excellent!! Exactly to order, extremely pleasant staff AND excellent pricing. Also, travel bookings for out of area visitors that I do, I always recommend the Longbranch. People who I have had stay there LOVE the accommodations, you can't ask for a better price AND the food is outstanding!!! Would absolutely recommend for an overnight stay or for any of your conference room needs. They definately have a lot of options to make your experience exactly to your preference.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Vicki, Thank you for your very kind comments. Our mission is to make our guests experience memorable and problem free. Tami and Dan do an exceptional job taking care of the banquet and meeting facilities. The staff truly enjoy our guests and enjoy making their stay feel like home. Thank you for your continued patronage and recommendations. I look forward to working with you in the future. Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time post your comments on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

we have drifted away from best western but the long branch in cedar rapids is a nice clean place and the the food at the long branch restaurant is very good. our family had the sunday brunch and everything was fresh and very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the Trip Advisor survey. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant. Each Best Western is independently owned and operated which is what makes each of them unique. The one constant you will find at all Best Westerns is the passion for making our guests feel at home. I hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a very nice staff here recently; overall clean and comfortable for the price. Good free breakfast; and Beatles cover band in the lounge was fun (especially if you are over 50). Not crazy about shower bath mats…and TV remote seemed to need new batteries. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne L
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Anne L, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch. I have heard a lot of compliments on The Beatles Cover Band that played in our lounge, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Every Friday we have live jazz in the lounge. I appreciate your concerns regarding the bath mat and remote. It is helpful when guests share their experience so we can correct any problems you may have encountered. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful holiday!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel from a Friday evening to the following Monday. In that time, we experienced a lot of what this hotel has to offer. Upon checking in, we were greeted with a warm welcome. We were quickly and effortlessly checked in, shown directions to our room and given detailed directions to the hotels amenities. Our room was well decorated, clean and we had plenty of space to store our items. The bed was slightly uncomfortable but that just might be my taste in mattresses. The bathroom had enough towels, the shower had wonderful water pressure but the drain had a slight smell to it. The breakfast served in the Gold Zone Cafe was delicious and there was plenty! The hostess was very friendly and helped me with other matters and inquiries. We ordered room service from Kitty's Lounge. The food was very tasty, and the portions were appropriate for the price. The game room, hot tub and pool were great for passing some time. The only complaints I do have is the bathroom shower did have some mold growing under a seam. When brought to the attention of the staff if was handled quickly. When our food was brought to our room, only one meal was brought up. I had to inquire about the other dish and the surprise birthday cake for my fiance (which ruined the surprise) But it was quickly remedied. Overall, I am very satisfied with this hotel. I highly recommend it and would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly L

Dear Kimberly L, Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate the detailed compliments and concerns. When guests share their experience it allows us to continually improve our operations to better serve you. I am glad your concerns were addressed quickly and I will follow up with the Managers. The Longbranch Restaurant just celecbrated it's 45th anniversay and from the first day the food has been excellent and the tradition continues today. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast, the chef enjoys changing the menu so our guests enjoy a variety. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a great time.
The room and hotel staff were just what we needed to recharge our batteries.
The amenities in our room were all clean and in working order, and each member of the staff with whom we interacted was helpful and friendly.
We're already looking forward to returning for another stay.
Thanks, Kathy and your Best Western team!
Dr and Mrs Michael Baxter

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Michael, I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure speaking with both of you at checkout. It was kind of you to mention how wonderful all of the staff was. It is such a pleasure to share this with them. All the staff truly enjoy our guests and take pleasure in making them feel at home. I look forward to seeing both of you in December. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful day!