“Best Western Cedar Rapids Iowa Hotel!!!”

Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Best Western Cedar Rapids Iowa Hotel!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is an excellent place to stay and/or utilize their conference rooms. I work for Rockwell Collins and have utilized various conference rooms. Everything is always excellent!! Exactly to order, extremely pleasant staff AND excellent pricing. Also, travel bookings for out of area visitors that I do, I always recommend the Longbranch. People who I have had stay there LOVE the accommodations, you can't ask for a better price AND the food is outstanding!!! Would absolutely recommend for an overnight stay or for any of your conference room needs. They definately have a lot of options to make your experience exactly to your preference.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Vicki, Thank you for your very kind comments. Our mission is to make our guests experience memorable and problem free. Tami and Dan do an exceptional job taking care of the banquet and meeting facilities. The staff truly enjoy our guests and enjoy making their stay feel like home. Thank you for your continued patronage and recommendations. I look forward to working with you in the future. Have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time post your comments on Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
wisconsin
Reviewed December 30, 2013

we have drifted away from best western but the long branch in cedar rapids is a nice clean place and the the food at the long branch restaurant is very good. our family had the sunday brunch and everything was fresh and very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the Trip Advisor survey. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant. Each Best Western is independently owned and operated which is what makes each of them unique. The one constant you will find at all Best Westerns is the passion for making our guests feel at home. I hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Cedar Rapids, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had a very nice staff here recently; overall clean and comfortable for the price. Good free breakfast; and Beatles cover band in the lounge was fun (especially if you are over 50). Not crazy about shower bath mats…and TV remote seemed to need new batteries. We would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Anne L
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Anne L, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch. I have heard a lot of compliments on The Beatles Cover Band that played in our lounge, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Every Friday we have live jazz in the lounge. I appreciate your concerns regarding the bath mat and remote. It is helpful when guests share their experience so we can correct any problems you may have encountered. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful holiday!
Burlington, United States
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel from a Friday evening to the following Monday. In that time, we experienced a lot of what this hotel has to offer. Upon checking in, we were greeted with a warm welcome. We were quickly and effortlessly checked in, shown directions to our room and given detailed directions to the hotels amenities. Our room was well decorated, clean and we had plenty of space to store our items. The bed was slightly uncomfortable but that just might be my taste in mattresses. The bathroom had enough towels, the shower had wonderful water pressure but the drain had a slight smell to it. The breakfast served in the Gold Zone Cafe was delicious and there was plenty! The hostess was very friendly and helped me with other matters and inquiries. We ordered room service from Kitty's Lounge. The food was very tasty, and the portions were appropriate for the price. The game room, hot tub and pool were great for passing some time. The only complaints I do have is the bathroom shower did have some mold growing under a seam. When brought to the attention of the staff if was handled quickly. When our food was brought to our room, only one meal was brought up. I had to inquire about the other dish and the surprise birthday cake for my fiance (which ruined the surprise) But it was quickly remedied. Overall, I am very satisfied with this hotel. I highly recommend it and would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kimberly L
Dear Kimberly L, Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate the detailed compliments and concerns. When guests share their experience it allows us to continually improve our operations to better serve you. I am glad your concerns were addressed quickly and I will follow up with the Managers. The Longbranch Restaurant just celecbrated it's 45th anniversay and from the first day the food has been excellent and the tradition continues today. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast, the chef enjoys changing the menu so our guests enjoy a variety. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!
Coralville, Iowa, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a great time.
The room and hotel staff were just what we needed to recharge our batteries.
The amenities in our room were all clean and in working order, and each member of the staff with whom we interacted was helpful and friendly.
We're already looking forward to returning for another stay.
Thanks, Kathy and your Best Western team!
Dr and Mrs Michael Baxter

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael B
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Michael, I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure speaking with both of you at checkout. It was kind of you to mention how wonderful all of the staff was. It is such a pleasure to share this with them. All the staff truly enjoy our guests and take pleasure in making them feel at home. I look forward to seeing both of you in December. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful day!
lowden, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thought the room was clean and the bed was comfortable but I never did find the breakfast area that was evidently in another building because i was in a hurry. There appeared to be some construction as the lower half on the hallway looked like it had some primer on the wood. Hope that was not a "look". The area is convenient to shopping and the place where I was working but it was a bit hard to get into it due to traffic. The room I was was suitable for handicapped and the shower was terrific.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I aplogize you were unable to enjoy the complimenatry hot breakfast buffet. It is in a separate building as it is an actual sit down cafe and not in the corner of our lobby. I do hope our front desk attendant gave you a hotel map and directions at check in. We are actually in the process of remodeling our hallways so it was indeed primer you saw and not a new look. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and movie theaters but at times when people are commuting to and from work the traffic can be heavier. I hope you will consider staying with us if you are in the Cedar Rapids area again and have the time to enjoy the breakfast and other amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
River Falls, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very good hotel stay. A nice, clean property in a good location with plenty of amenities and a very helpful and friendly staff. They allow dogs, which is a key criteria for our family...and the free breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Craig F
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Craig,
I'm glad you enjoyed your hotel stay and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We are a pet friendly hotel and enjoy when guests bring their pets to the front desk to meet the staff. Shopping, reataurants and movie theaters within walking distnace of the hotel as well as a nice quiet location make The Best Western Plus Longbranch a family friendly get-a-way.
The breakfast cafe was recently updated so we could offer a larger selection of food to our guests. I hope to see you again if you are in the Cedar Rapids area. Have a wonderful day.