Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
Country Inn
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
$68
$152
$144
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
$101
Homewood
Rodeway Inn(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
$49
$94
Residence Inn Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)
$119
$99
Residence Inn
$74
$145
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbest westernsrecreation areamain buildinghoneymoon suitehealth clubcedar rapids areafitness centergreat place to staybusiness or pleasureordered room servicethe breakfast areafamily weddingflat screencomfortable roomcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitfree weights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel from a Friday evening to the following Monday. In that time, we experienced a lot of what this hotel has to offer. Upon checking in, we were greeted with a warm welcome. We were quickly and effortlessly checked in, shown directions to our room and given detailed directions to the hotels amenities. Our room was well decorated, clean and we had plenty of space to store our items. The bed was slightly uncomfortable but that just might be my taste in mattresses. The bathroom had enough towels, the shower had wonderful water pressure but the drain had a slight smell to it. The breakfast served in the Gold Zone Cafe was delicious and there was plenty! The hostess was very friendly and helped me with other matters and inquiries. We ordered room service from Kitty's Lounge. The food was very tasty, and the portions were appropriate for the price. The game room, hot tub and pool were great for passing some time. The only complaints I do have is the bathroom shower did have some mold growing under a seam. When brought to the attention of the staff if was handled quickly. When our food was brought to our room, only one meal was brought up. I had to inquire about the other dish and the surprise birthday cake for my fiance (which ruined the surprise) But it was quickly remedied. Overall, I am very satisfied with this hotel. I highly recommend it and would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly L
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Kimberly L, Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review. I appreciate the detailed compliments and concerns. When guests share their experience it allows us to continually improve our operations to better serve you. I am glad your concerns were addressed quickly and I will follow up with the Managers. The Longbranch Restaurant just celecbrated it's 45th anniversay and from the first day the food has been excellent and the tradition continues today. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast, the chef enjoys changing the menu so our guests enjoy a variety. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a great time.
The room and hotel staff were just what we needed to recharge our batteries.
The amenities in our room were all clean and in working order, and each member of the staff with whom we interacted was helpful and friendly.
We're already looking forward to returning for another stay.
Thanks, Kathy and your Best Western team!
Dr and Mrs Michael Baxter

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Michael, I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure speaking with both of you at checkout. It was kind of you to mention how wonderful all of the staff was. It is such a pleasure to share this with them. All the staff truly enjoy our guests and take pleasure in making them feel at home. I look forward to seeing both of you in December. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thought the room was clean and the bed was comfortable but I never did find the breakfast area that was evidently in another building because i was in a hurry. There appeared to be some construction as the lower half on the hallway looked like it had some primer on the wood. Hope that was not a "look". The area is convenient to shopping and the place where I was working but it was a bit hard to get into it due to traffic. The room I was was suitable for handicapped and the shower was terrific.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I aplogize you were unable to enjoy the complimenatry hot breakfast buffet. It is in a separate building as it is an actual sit down cafe and not in the corner of our lobby. I do hope our front desk attendant gave you a hotel map and directions at check in. We are actually in the process of remodeling our hallways so it was indeed primer you saw and not a new look. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to shopping, restaurants and movie theaters but at times when people are commuting to and from work the traffic can be heavier. I hope you will consider staying with us if you are in the Cedar Rapids area again and have the time to enjoy the breakfast and other amenities the hotel has to offer. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very good hotel stay. A nice, clean property in a good location with plenty of amenities and a very helpful and friendly staff. They allow dogs, which is a key criteria for our family...and the free breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig F
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Craig,
I'm glad you enjoyed your hotel stay and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We are a pet friendly hotel and enjoy when guests bring their pets to the front desk to meet the staff. Shopping, reataurants and movie theaters within walking distnace of the hotel as well as a nice quiet location make The Best Western Plus Longbranch a family friendly get-a-way.
The breakfast cafe was recently updated so we could offer a larger selection of food to our guests. I hope to see you again if you are in the Cedar Rapids area. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed there for our anniversary the night of Oct 3rd and from the start there were problems. When driving up to check in, a wedding party was drinking/smoking in the driveway and refused to move. They just continued conversation and would turn to look at us as we creeped the car closer. Finally, we parked somewhere else and when walking thru the lobby doors, one of the drunk men yelled a profanity as us. Nice. Get out of the road maybe, huh? Our room was decent and very close to the pool and breakfast area. That night, we showered before going out and the shower was GREAT. The next morning....NO water pressure. None. It took me 15 minutes to get my hair wet enough to even wash. It pretty much dripped out. The housekeeping department could use a lesson in knocking. At 8:30 am, they barged in, flipped on the light and yelled, "OH! Sorry!" We were naked and asleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I would like to apologize for the experience you had prior to and during your stay. With Iowa prohibiting smoking in public areas there are many that tend to gather outside the entrances. Your comments have prompted me to realize we need better signage to direct these guests to the smoking areas. It would be helpful if you would contact me at kathy.luensman@thelongbranch.com or (319)377-6386 so I could get the information needed to further check into the water pressure and housekeeping issues. I do apologize again and thank you for bringing this to my attention.