Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights here in winter. Rooms are good, nice breakfast, very acceptable dinner with choice of restaurant. I particularly liked guest access to the fitness facility, which shares the location and offers more than the usual hotel studio. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. This will be my choice if I need to return.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey on TripAdvisor, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the complimenatry hot breakfast buffet and our restaurant. Our fitness center is great for travelers as it has something for everyone from the free weight room, cardio room, even classes should schedules permit. I hope to see you again, thank you for choosing The BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Checked in the night of a winter storm. Had a very good dinner at Kitty's then relaxed. During hot buffet breakfast (real eggs and home fries) watched the snow plows run as school closings scrolled on TV and the advice to stay off the roads. I checked out and hit the road-no issues for this former IA boy. Very good service, friendly staff (they all made it to work during 5" snow). Longbranch is a CR landmark!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal Best Western customer and for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you were were able to take advantage of the Longbranch Restaurant and our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We do use real eggs and our chef truly enjoys spoling our guests. We want our guests to feel at home while they are here and strive to make sure they do. We are a Cedar Rapids landmark and have been able to continuously update our facility while still keeping the down home atmosphere. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Even though the LB is a couple of miles off the beaten path I decided to give it a try based on the reviews. My late check-in went smooth. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and comfortable, Room 406. It had everything I needed. The bed was clean and comfortable. I got to the in-house restaurant just before the kitchen closed but they were able to get me a good meal as well as my favorite beverage. That was great because it was below 0 outside. The morning breakfast was very good and had plenty to choose from. The hotel layout is a little strange if your in the front part of the facility but its manageable without having to go outside.

Room Tip: After reading the reviews the rear section of the facility might be noisy though it is closer to the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning the BEST WESTERN PLUS Longbranch on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the restaurant during your stay. I will share your comments with staff. We take pride in offering exceptional customer service for our guests. The TripAdvisor reviews are very helpful for fellow travelers when making their lodging decisions and I did notice from your comments regarding the Poolview section that you take advantage of these reviews. On weekends when there are families and groups staying the atrium/game area can have more activity but we do close the pool and atrium at 10:30 pm so all guests can enjoy a peaceful night. If you are in the area and would like to try the Poolview section please let me know. Thank you again.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I came to Cedar Rapids to visit family for a couple of days. I had room 409 and it was a nice room with comfortable furniture. Check in was smooth and staff very friendly and well groomed. I did take my relatives out in the restaurant that night. We all had something different and everyone emjoyed their meal. The salad bar is great and the servers very good. I was a little put off by some of the reviews on the hotel that I read before I got there. I have stayed at this hotel before and am pleased to report the things people are complaining about did not seem to be a problem there during my stay. My only comment is that it is much harder to find the hotel with new business in front of it. Also the walk to everwhere is a long one but it had everything I needed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pashimp
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you were able to use some of the many amenities we have to offer. Our full service restaurant has a full menu with something for everyone. I'm glad your group all enjoyed their meal. I look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again and have a very Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you like hearing pool balls click together while you sleep then this is the place for you (not me). Too much noise at night and I didn't really like the room that much. Also, the decorations are VERY tacky and the food was unmemorable. The one bright was that the staff was friendly.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The atrium closes at 10:30 pm as well as the pool and lounge so all our guest are assured a restful nights sleep. We also have the building away from the pool if our guests prefer an area with less activity. I always hesitate to address the decor comments as that is personal taste and I am unsure if you are referring to the western theme of the restaurant or the holiday decorations in the lounge. Again, I aplogize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I thank you for your feedback and appreciate you taking time to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Desk clerk is very friendly. Room was clean. The hotel decor is very dated. The restaurant had 80s decor and average supper club food at a cost of about $20 per item. The salad bar had every pasta and potato salad available. Our waitress was very good. Breakfast is very good. The cafe for breakfast is well just weird. It has tons of lattice work. It feels a little Hot Tub Time Machine.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I got a chuckle from your response and I appreciate your honesty. When the restaurant was built it was decorated based on the television show "Gunsmoke". While all of the banquet/meeting rooms have been modernized the owners have decided to keep the western feel of the restaurant. We are currently in the planning stages of remodeling the GoldZone breakfast cafe and lounge. You may have noticed the new marble countertops and updated display cases. This was the first step of the remodel and the one we felt most important as the quality and freshness of the hot offerings as well as more space to display the food was greatly improved. I hope to be of service to you again so you can see the improvements. Thank you agin and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed in a newly remodeled room in the "pool building". The room was great. Flat screen TV, awesome walk-in shower, comfy beds, very clean room, complimentary hot breakfast, great location with many things to do. I stayed here in the past and am very impressed with the improvements of this property. Very nice employees too.

• Stayed: September 2012
Kathy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

It is always wonderful when our guests come back to the area and notice the improvements made to the hotel. We work very hard to ensure the comfort of our guests and strive to make sure each stay is enjoyable. The updated bathrooms and addition of the hot breakfast buffet are the latest of many amenities we offer our guests. Thank you for your kind comments and ypur TripAdvisor response.