“Great place to stay!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Cedar Rapids Airport
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Friendly staff, very clean, nice hot tub and pool.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelThyme7

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I'd never stayed at an AmericInn before. It's basic, but it's clean and reasonably comfortable and the rooms are a vast size, but having a jacuzzi in the room and a bathtub in the bathroom is ridiculous. It is particularly ridiculous when a neighbour decides to run the jacuzzi at 10.30pm and the noise is so deafening that the television is drowned out. The amenities are very average (there is no restaurant or snack bar--just a vending machine), and the free wi-fi did not work. The only place to eat within walking distance is a Macdonalds, which I didn't bother with. The airport shuttle was fully booked, so I had to have a taxi ordered at 5am, which cost $9.50. The best thing about this hotel was the staff, who are lovely and tremendously helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank EMT64
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was not expecting much - just a cheap, safe & clean place to rest after I arrived at the airport before leaving for another city - but I was surprised at how much more I got for the rate. Don't take review this as anything more than recognition of a nice surprise when I was expecting average. The desk staff were very nice & helpful, the room was spotlessly clean & the breakfast area was far more than I expected. I am used to suprises while on the road for business & this location provided only good ones.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HstnTrvlr
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel did not have the room we booked available. We originally booked a two bed, smoking room. When we checked in they didn't have our room. They upgraded us to a suit which we were charged for. The non smoking rooms had a non smoking emblem on the entrance door to the rooms. Ours did not. since we originally booked a smoking room we smoked in the room. Upon receiving my credit card bill a couple of weeks after returning home, we were charged over $100 beyond what the room cost. I called the hotel and the manager screamed at me on the phone and told me I would not get a refund of that amount because I knew the room was non smoking. I did not know that. she said I should have been smart enough to figure out there was no ashtray in the room. She said there was a non smoking sign on the door, which there was not. anyway I never was refunded the bogus charge and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. the pool was dirty, the hot tub was dirty, the staff was not helpful or friendly. Just not a good experience for somewhere I had to stay for 3 nights. Don't do it!!! You too will be sorry.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Ramel t
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is just your basic hotel. Clean, good service, and nice place to sleep for a quiet night. The rooms are showing some minor signs of age. The furniture is showing some wear, old style TV's still are still in use and our air conditioning/heating unit was broken in our first room. The front desk person named "Will gave us a different room for our second night, but offered no discount for our trouble. The free breakfast was very nice with at least one hot item each morning besides the waffles.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed on a Monday night for an early Tues am flight in order to use the airport shuttle as to not inconvenience our family. BE AWARE: THERE IS A $16.05 CHARGE FOR THE AIRPORT SHUTTLE! It doesn't mention this on the website and was not told to us when setting up the time. I did not find out until I got my credit card statement back. I called the hotel and they were unapologetic. Every other airport hotel I have stayed at in the country is courtesy, except for this one.

Otherwise, the room was very basic and outdated. Difficult to find open electric outlets. It also had a smoky smell, despite being 'non-smoking'. Poor water pressure and crappy pillows as well. The free breakfast was very basic. Next time I will stay in in IC or CR and find a better hotel.

After the shuttle charge, our room total was $122 for a Monday night when it appeard about 1/4 full. I would not recommend this hotel and is a terrible value.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Floyboy
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here the night before a very early flight. The location with respect to the airport is extremely convenient - just 5 minutes down the road. The staff were very pleasant and efficient in getting me checked in, and that coffee and "cold" breakfast items (bagels, fresh fruit, etc.) are available all night was nice. However, for the rate being charged, the room was not at all up to par. Everything was clean, but the bedding needed updating, the mattress was the hardest I've ever slept on in my life - seriously, I think sleeping on the floor at home is more comfortable - and everything had the "minimal hotel" look, and not in the chic sophisticated way. Americinn needs to either reconsider their rates or do some drastic updating to compete with other chains charging the same rates but providing a much more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business