“Family friendly”

Dining options: Reservations
Iowa
“Family friendly”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great food. Wait staff is very well trained and polite. The couple we dined with had a six month old child. Staff was very accommodating. We go to Texas Roadhouse about once per month and have never had any bad experiences. They also work with local law enforcement to do a fundraiser for the Special Olympics.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank CRPD908

Des Moines, Iowa
“Funky...Not friendly...”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food is...good....the sides...run of the mill.Same old same old...
Steaks are GREAT!But not the most tender.
Considering that restaurants are supposed to get the best beef?
And considering what we pay to go here?
DAYEM!!!Stay home!Throw a piece of meat in a 500 degree oven for 20min and get BETTER results!
I have been there several times....my company gives me gift cards to go here...I have been here with friends on my own (no gift cards)
I had a 28$ ribeye...all the fixin's...salad-tater with sour cream...
I think it was a 16 or 20oz ribeye....it was good...so good...I wanted another....but they said I had to pay for a WHOLE platter ...just for another steak!
At 6'7" and 320lbs...yes I could use a diet.But when I go out with money in my pocket...and they want 60$ to fill me up...and the bill was already 118$ for the two of us....NO!
So beware.
The so called "ambience" is not WORTH it!
Get some good steaks from Fareway...make a salad and have a date over....she will LOVE IT!
I used to go to Ryan's Steakhouse....they turned into a Walmart buffet..but they had what was called the "Biggest Steak You can get!"
It was not the best cut...but it ROCKED!-Was good...was filling...I went there when I was HUNGRY!!! LOL
I will have to wait until I win the Lottery to go back here...
OK-it's not bad if you are RICH!I am not....:-)

• Visited December 2013
Celina, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have never been disappointed when eating at a Texas Roadhouse. This visit was the same. The waitress was incredible. She asked about our visit to Iowa and before we left, she remembered and wished us luck. We felt like she cared about us and that we were not just another face. I highly recommend this place.

Visited February 2014
Richmond
“Decent meal at Texas Roadhouse”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm typically not a fan of the Texas Roadhouse chain primarily because of the high noise level. I ate dinner here recently while meeting a prospective client. The noise level was lower than what I expected and the meal was good. Overall a good value

Visited December 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Good food - noisy”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've eaten at numerous Texas Roadhouse restaurants all over the USA and they're all the same. The food is consistently good but just by design, they're loud. Go for the good food with people you're not looking to have an in depth conversation with - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013