“Good hotdogs”

Flying Wienie
Ranked #54 of 425 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The hot dogs are good but nothing special. The place is a bit of a dump and could use a good cleaning. It is a Cedar Rapids landmark. They do offer other items besides hotdogs.

There are newer reviews for Flying Wienie

Reviewed August 19, 2012

You want a low key lunch spot in cedar rapids - ? this is it. Leave the suit and tie in the car and come enjoy the Brats or doors. I've tried the Italian beef, but I have to say the Brats or sausage are still my choices.

1  Thank firstclasstaste_economybudget
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food is good but the food is a bit pricey. Its a fun place to eat! They have daily specials but they are still expensive.

1  Thank pigtails65
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I'm from Chicago. Please don't compare this to a hotdog stand from Chicago.
My dogs came on a soft popy seed bun but was oversized and everything inside the bun became lost in the taste. I asked for sports peppers and they placed one on the middle more for decoration as it was only one bite of the dog' s consumption. The had cut fries were soggy and my lunch for two dogs, order of fries and drink was almost $9.
I wouldn't come back.

1  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I read about this place on TA and am SO happy we made a point to stop! Its a fun enviroment and the food was really good...we each had a Chicago dog, very good...fries were excellent!!!

1  Thank Rosie K