“An unexpected gem - great meal in a hotel restaurant!”
Review of Synergy Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Synergy Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 441 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband, originally from Phoenix, saw the one other review while we were on the south side of town and decided we should stop in. I wasn't thrilled about eating dinner in a hotel restaurant, but went along with it and ended up very happy I did. We went about 7:30 on a Wednesday evening and may have been the only people there at the time. The soup and salad bar was fresh, and the chunky tomato soup was outstanding. I had the honey lime chicken, which comes with corn and mac'n'cheese. The chicken was absolutely delicious, and the mac'n'cheese was surprisingly good mixed together with the sweet corn. (Plus, the mac'n'cheese had bacon in it - can't go wrong with that! - but wasn't greasy.) My husband had the salmon, which was very good, but nothing extraordinary. My husband commented it was cooked perfectly in a traditional manner. Prices were reasonable; our total bill was right about $50 which also included a few drinks. Service was great - I was afraid we might be hurried because we got in late (weeknight close is at 8 pm) but the waitress didn't rush us at all. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area!

1  Thank Katie1211

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The prices are very reasonable for a hotel restaurant. Service was fast and friendly. New items on the menu and I understand they have new chefs from Culinary School and it shows!!!