“try the detroit crust!”

Ranked #59 of 413 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
purgatory, mn
“try the detroit crust!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This pizza was the best I've had in awhile. The Detroit crust made it for me - crispy, buttery and delicious. It's what Old Chicago wishes its "Chicago-style" crust was. It didn't hurt that I ordered a small and was brought a medium because they were out of small crusts. I still almost ate the whole thing by myself - SO GOOD!

Don't be scared by the exterior. There's nothing by way of ambiance and you order at the counter and they bring it to your table to eat off of disposable plates (that you have to get yourself, along with silverware...only napkins at the table). But that was part of its charm. And yes, it was smoky from the ovens and I smelled like Tomaso's the rest of the day, but it was a constant reminder that I need to get back there the next time I'm in Cedar Rapids.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank minalachatte

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Papa Smurf”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel manager (Michele) recommend this pizza place. She even when and picked it up and brought it to our room for us, at no charge. This pizza was excellent.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Carrell A
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Overrated pizza. No delivery.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Pizza was OK, not great. We ordered 3 pizzas and bill was over $75. One pizza was not even cut. I would not bother again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jschuby
Culpeper
“Awesome Pizza - Smokey Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The pizza was great, but the restaurant was quite smokey. It wasn't smokey from cigarettes, but I guess the oven. My family I went with said it was the norm and that they always leave coats and such in the car because of it. My wife and I had the thin crust, but I was jealous when I saw the Detroit/Chicago style go by. It appears to be a popular place! If it wasn't for the smoke I would have rated this a 5.

• Visited July 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
“Love Tomaso's”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

All of my friends have told me that I have missed out by not ordering the Detroit style pizza, so I will try that next. I have order the New York thin crust style and it is great. Lots of toppings, crispy crust, pizza perfection!!

• Visited July 2012