“Not up to standard.”

Applebee's
Ranked #167 of 425 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My experience with Applebees is very rarely bad; this was an exception. My salad was not well made (the chicken was cold, the lettuce tasted off) and my soup tasted TERRIBLE. The service took awhile and I was very unhappy with my experience. I normally enjoy Applebees, but this was not a good restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed August 1, 2013

With the economy the way it is you really can't beat their 2 for $20.00 deal. You get an appetizer to share and then 2 entrees. We always get the steak as it is really good...... never dried out or tough. It comes with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots. We either get the queso with tons of chips or the mozzarella sticks. We eat there probably at least once a month. We also love their long island teas for $2.00. We have never had bad service or food. We have however, had to wait a long time to get in a few times. Weekends around dinner time is the worst time to go so go a little early or much later like after 7. Their carside to go is very fast when they are busy so that is another option if it is really busy and your hungry. I hope they keep their 2 for $20.00 menu around.
Heres what is on it. http://www.applebees.com/menu/2-for-20

Reviewed April 23, 2013

You know what to expect at Applebee's restaurant, went during their steak and shrimp Lenten special and it was terrific. Mid size portions, but quick friendly service!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Food was good but nothing great. Service was fast but to a fault. We felt rushed and the server would come to the table and interupt without any consideration to our party of 5.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

nice place to meet friends for lunch and not pay a lot but have a variety of things to eat and drink. love the brownie bites for desert!