DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Riverside, United States
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was more than willing to help us in any way possible to make our stay very enjoyable. The location is ideal in downtown Cedar Rapids and within walking distance to many restraunts and venues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Jessica S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am anyways in love with doubletree hotels, this one in cedar rapids, is absolutely new brand and full of modern features and amenities. I cannot stay anywhere else after staying here, not even in Marriott.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Nitin0811
Virginia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

While driving out west, we made better time than expected and made it all the way to Cedar Rapids. As we soon learned from multiple calls and web searches on the road, rooms were hard to come by that night in Cedar Rapids. I happened upon this new DoubleTree -- it had just reopened within the last two weeks as a new DoubleTree, and I believe it was a Crowne Plaza in the past. With now TripAdvisor ratings I was wary, but I called the property and they were incredibly nice and helpful on the phone. We were hauling a pop-up trailer and I asked if there was parking. The hotel is located downtown and the self-parking is nearby, in a multistory covered garage. They said that if for any reason we couldn't fit in the covered parking, they'd be happy to park the car right in front of the hotel as part of their valet service. That was a huge relief, and they came through in spades.

The hotel itself is beautiful. It is located directly downtown. We arrived near 6:00pm, so it was quiet and frankly sleepy, but it did not matter. The location was also very convenient to the highway. The lobby is very chic and modern and from the first valet I encountered until an assistant manager come out the following morning to wish us good trip, every employee could not have been nicer or more helpful. I am not exaggerating that.

Our room was on the next to top floor, and the floor to ceiling windows gave an impressive view over the plains. The room, with two double beds, was very large, and the sink was located in the main area, which is nice, and had EXCELLENT lighting. I was very pleased to see that the high-speed internet (wired and Wi-Fi) was free for guests.

Our kids used the indoor pool which was, again, very nice and completely clean. It also had some interesting views to the neighboring streets.

As we went to bed that night, I realized that the pillows were all feather. My daughter is allergic, and I hadn't thought to check earlier. Even though it was after 11:00pm, I called down to the front desk and they immediately sent up non-feather pillows with a smile.

I get the impression that the hotel was opened in anticipation of the convention business picking up (the hotel is attached to the convention center), and that the downtown area may see an uptick in activity. For DoubleTree's sake I hope this happens, as they've opened a wonderful hotel. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NellieVA
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are many things to like about the shiny and new Doubletree in downtown Cedar Rapids. The restaurant and bar are on the top floor and offer good food with a nice view. The rooms are well-appointed. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and welcoming. It smells good. Unfortunately, there is also one fatal flaw here: noise. I didn't need a wake up call because the neighboring guest's worked perfectly for both of us. When the neighboring guest opened their curtains, it scared me because I thought someone was in my room opening mine! (Really, it sounded just as if they were in my room.) I don't watch Good Morning America, but I could nearly make out John Stephanopolous' every word from the next room.

Construction materials are readily available to mitigate sound between hotel rooms. Too bad the developer of this otherwise beautiful facility skimped on them here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids Marriott
Cedar Rapids Marriott
#14 of 36 in Cedar Rapids
Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex
Address: 350 1st Ave NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401-1108
Location: United States > Iowa > Cedar Rapids
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex 3.5*
Located in the heart of downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex is connected to U.S. Cellular Arena and the new U.S. Cellular Convention Center. Perfect for business or leisure travelers, the hotel offers an indoor swimming pool and modern 24-hour fitness center, along with over 80,000 sq ft of meeting and banquet space. Enjoy great location from our hotel near Kinnick Stadium, 30 minutes away! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cedar Rapids Convention Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.