“Unpretentious elegance”

Dining options: Reservations
Iowa City, Iowa
“Unpretentious elegance”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner here with my wife on a Friday night. I had a blackberry smash cocktail and we split the gnocchi appetizer. Drink was great (with Dickel rye whiskey) and pork gnocchi were tasty. For dinner I had the flatiron steak with calamari and peanut sauce that was perfectly cooked and very good. My wife had the lamb with a delicious pesto sauce. Price was not cheap but quality food and preparation was well worth it. I highly recommend this relatively new and certainly under publicized gem in CR.

Visited July 2014

Bogota, Colombia
“Try the char. It's amazing. ”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times, for both lunch and dinner with groups from two to our 40+ person rehearsal dinner. Each time, we have entirely enjoyed our meals. The food is carefully crafted and delicious, with impeccable service from people who clearly care about food. Even in our huge group dinner, each diner was served with care and attention to his or her needs. The small children in the party were able to have special meals, which made it much easier for all of us to enjoy our time together. The highlight of dinner was the Arctic char. Everyone raved about it. Try this place. You'll have a great meal.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Fresh & Fabulous”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

When we dine in our home town, we always assess using what we call the *vacation test* ... we ask ourselves, if we dined in this restaurant when we were on vacation, how would we feel about it (because sometimes I think we tend to have higher expectations for local places that we have access to every day) ... I can certainly say that Cobble Hill passed the *vacation test* with flying colors. Wonderful atmosphere, perfect service, engaging conversation with the chef/owner, and fantastic fresh innovative dishes. My only complaint was that the font on the menu was too small for me to read without reading glasses ... so the waitress brought me an extra pair. We'll certainly be back again.

• Visited June 2014
“very innovative~”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The food was delectable but also very unique and innovative. I am so glad a place like this is in Cedar Rapids!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lauratravels2
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing in CR”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

What a find in downtown CR. We had a wonderful dinner - a spring entree and an outgoing winter one- both were the best that we have had in CR. A great blueberry dessert!! I hope it will make it!!

• Visited May 2014