“Love the Liar's Latte”

Brewed Awakenings
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Love the Liar's Latte”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Barista was super. She educated me on the brewing/grinding process as she went. I was impressed, and this latte cannot be beat! YUM!

Visited January 2013

Rapid City, South Dakota
“consistently great”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great coffee, excellent pastries, delicious salads and sandwiches. Best BLT I've ever had. I would give it 5...stars/circles/whatever you would call it on tripadvisor...but for one person. The last 2 times I have been in, there is a thin woman with straight blonde hair making the coffee/telling others what to do, so I imagine she is the manager or owner? In any event, she is not a nice person.
The staff--who are without exception friendly, efficient and helpful--seem to be a bit afraid of her, and no wonder. I've yet to see her saying anything nice to them, and twice during my last visit she openly berated 2 different staff members in front of customers, one for giving me a number when I didn't need one (I was ordering to go) and the cook (who made me an excellent breakfast sandwich) for something kitchen related. After watching this while I waited, I asked for a bit more white chocolate in my drink and then she was rude to me too. Not a nice lady.
Prior to these last 2 visits, I had never seen her, so I believe she must be new, or perhaps I just didn't have the pleasure of encountering her before. In any event, in order to maintain the current happy, friendly atmosphere of Brewed Awakenings, this lady should be kept in the back office or somewhere else where she can't interact with staff or customers.

• Visited December 2012
Cedar rapids
“Nice Coffee house”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been here several times over the years. They are always looking for ways to improve their selections. This is a coffee house that started small but thye are opening new place all around CR and I would imagine they will be in business for many years to come.

Visited July 2012