“Purely Divine!”

Oyama Sushi
Ranked #61 of 433 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 16, 2013

To be honest I didn't have huge expectations when we walked in, my bad assumption! We had some combination rolls I've never even heard of, and they were smooth and delicious. We had the Party Animal Roll, Vern had a Spicy Tuna Roll (lucky raw eater!), we also shared a Cedar Rapid Roll, oh yeah! I can't remember the names of the other two rolls we shared but they were also exquisite. They do charge what they are worth, and you get what you pay for. Most Excellent!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

How did I end up eating $30 worth of sushi, all by myself? Well, Oyama Sushi is a little pricey and I guess I wasn't paying attention. The miso soup was average - nothing special.
The Oyama roll was good, but it almost had too much going on at once. I'm not sure what the tuna was bringing to the table; it could have been left out.
The Happy Angel roll was a pleasant surprise - the fruity mango sauce mixed well with the unami of the masago - and I truly enjoyed the experience.
The California roll was nothing special. In comparison to the other two rolls, it was uninteresting and seemed bland.
I sat at the sushi bar because I was dining alone. The chefs were politely friendly and asked me how I liked my dinner periodically. The décor was dark (admittedly, I was eating after the sun had gone down, too, but there was a lot of darkness inside).

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Sushi in Cedar Rapids, IA? Yes, and it's pretty good. Person I was with does enjoy sushi so he had a chicken dish. He also found it good.

Good, fast service.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal featuring sushi and sashimi - all tuna was exceptional and the wasabi was very noteworthy Service was a 10 indeed. Will come back again.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My Sister loves this place so she got my wife and I a gift certificate for Christmas. While I can't say the place was bad, I didn't think it was spectacular either. The waitress was good, but I can't say the food was great enough to make us come back. Pretty average.