“Lots of Sushi Roll Choices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 399 Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Lots of Sushi Roll Choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Oyama is my go-to place for Sushi. I believe I have tried almost every specialty roll they make (and there are a lot), and all have been fantastic. I also love the Golden Triangle Appetizer (a combination of raw fish with fresh mango on top). My husband is not a sushi eater, but loves their fried rice and noodle dishes, so there are choices for everyone. It can get a bit noisy if there are crowds at the grill tables, but those are a fair distance from the dining tables, so it's better than other restaurants I've tried.

Visited September 2012

Iowa
“Oyama - wonderful meal, worthy of many return trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Darren and the team at Oyama Sushi work hard and are so helpful in ensuring a great dining experience for their guests. I have liked each and every sushi menu item I have tried. Particular favorites from our latest visit include the Iowa City Roll and the Black Pepper Tuna appetizer.

I think to get any fresher tasting sushi, we would have to be on the coast in Asia. The quality, service and entire experience at Oyama are truly second to none. Highly recommend!

If you go and like it as much as we do, I recommend asking about their customer loyalty card. It's a pretty good program.

• Visited September 2012
United States
“Great Asian food in the Heartland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have lived and traveled around the world and find Oyama's food a breath of Asia in the Heartland. From Sushi to dinners to Teppan tables, they have a great choice for midwestern taste buds.

It is a Gotta Go kinda place.

Rube

• Visited June 2012
Rochester, New York
“Really great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

On a recent business trip, my wife and I had an opportunity to stop in at Oyama. We saw that there were several positive reviews about this restaurant and after eating there it is clear that they did not disappoint! We ordered the hibachi (steak) and found that the food was exceptionally fresh and flavorful! The steak literally melted in my mouth. We also had a sushi apetiser and found that the quality was top notch. Not bad for a landlocked state like Iowa having such fresh fish! Again thanks and we will definately be eating here again!

• Visited March 2012
Iowa
“We'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

We're certainly not experts on sushi. But we'll be going back to Oyama. Everything we selected came to us fresh, nothing was pre-made. All our sushi rolls were delicious, each in it's own unique way. I really can't pick anything bad about our dining experience at Oyama.

• Visited February 2012