“Special treatment by a great staff!”

Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Cedar Rapids
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I arrived to the Hotel sick with the flu, even had to go to the hospital during my stay. The staff took it upon themselves to make sure that I had fluids, food, and medication. (I'm sure that they didn't want me dying in a room..) They went to the store, the pharmacist, and then another store on different days to make sure that my recovery went well. They even insisted that I got into clean linens daily to get rid of germs. 1500 miles from home, alone, and with a serious flu. They saved me. I am in debited to this awesome staff. Thank you all!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel traveling through to Tennessee. It was located closeclose to the freeway. Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. The pool area was nice. Breakfast was ok, nothing to Brag about. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This HI is a great experience in every way with a very clean, fresh smelling room, freshly laundered duvet cover and sheets, great place to work, work out, play, friendly staff, reasonably priced except the bed was uncomfortable. Balance that feedback with the fact that I have back problems. Make up your own mind.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here with my two young children for a weekend getaway. The staff was friendly and welcoming, the beds were very comfortable, and my kids loved the pool. At breakfast my picky eaters had plenty to choose from. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: 1st floor is closest to the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I enjoyed the freshness and cleanliness of the room. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a good night rest on any sort of travel. The staff was friendly and ready to help. At my next stay at a Hampton Inn, I will know the hotel has good quality.

Room Tip: I didn't make prearrangements for a room, but the room assigned to me on arrival had no problems...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice room refurbs, comfortable but somewhat noisy due to being adjacent a busy road. Location is quite good and the staff is friendly. It's a typical Hampton, which is not at all a bad thing. Locks in the doors seemed problematic for the staff, but they cheerfully addressed this issue

Room Tip: a bit noisy due to being adjacent a busy road, but nicely kept and upgraded furnishings
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had an excellent 2 night stay for the NCAA wrestling championships. Great convenient location to the ice arena (less than 2 miles). We arrived about a half hour before check-in time and it was no problem, they had our rooms ready within minutes. Typical room with exceptional bedding and a nice clean bathroom. I had booked with a AAA rate and felt it was a great value. We used the pool and hot tub and I was pleasantly surprised at the temperature of the pool, I'm a freeze baby and hate it when the pool water is cold. Pool is open until 11pm and it wasn't crowded but there were people in it right until it closed. Breakfast was included and available until 10am. If you want a meal cooked to order you'll have to go out, but I thought they offered a nice spread and everyone in our group of 4 could find something they liked and it was enough to keep us going until later in the day. Cereal, toast, muffins, pastries, oatmeal, bananas, apples, juice, coffee, hot potatoes, hot pre-made omelettes, hot meat, yogurt. Of course you may not have all those choices if you show up at 9:55.
The blow dryer in our room didn't work so I brought it down to the front desk and was handed a new one right away. Also on day 2 of our stay we were looking forward to some hot cocoa when we came in from the cold, and the little coffee station was out of cocoa and hot water. One mention to the front desk and she brought a whole new basket of cocoa packets and refilled the thermos of hot water. It was very obvious to me that they want to please you here, so instead of complaining just let them know what you need and chances are you will get it, and don't be a crank!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family